Why did you become a squadron commander?

Started by usafcap1, July 28, 2014, 08:32:07 AM

Walkman

When the time came, I was the only one who A) wanted the job and B) had other people express confidence I could do it.

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: JeffDG on July 29, 2014, 02:04:11 PM

Those statements about commanders quitting above were under old regulations.  It is no longer permitted for commanders to resign.  :)

???  Really?  Admitting right of the bat that I haven't read into the subject at all I was surprised to read the comment...unless I'm missing something..?? 

JeffDG

Quote from: Brit_in_CAP on July 29, 2014, 05:28:45 PM

Those statements about commanders quitting above were under old regulations.  It is no longer permitted for commanders to resign.  :)

???  Really?  Admitting right of the bat that I haven't read into the subject at all I was surprised to read the comment...unless I'm missing something..??

Inside joke...I'm his deputy.  So, at no time is he permitted to resign. :o

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: JeffDG on July 29, 2014, 05:42:22 PM
Quote from: Brit_in_CAP on July 29, 2014, 05:28:45 PM

:clap:  Inside joke...I'm his deputy.  So, at no time is he permitted to resign. :o

Quite right too!  I believe I told my boss at my previous employer the same thing.....he did resign, I dodged the bullet, disliked the new guy who also went away and, that time, so did I! >:D

usafcap1

|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

Luis R. Ramos

Yes, OP.

What is your yuhahahahaHAHAH! (sinister evil laugh) ulterior motivation for this question?

Just to "know."

Or are you making a study for publication?

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Private Investigator

Being a SQ Commander your Cadets will remember you many years later. Like at the DMV or going to a movie. All Cadets will get a drivers license and work at a movie theater one day and how cool is that  8)

Angus

Quote from: Private Investigator on August 05, 2014, 05:22:48 AM
Being a SQ Commander your Cadets will remember you many years later. Like at the DMV or going to a movie. All Cadets will get a drivers license and work at a movie theater one day and how cool is that  8)

Part of your quote is invalid.  Not all cadets will work at a movie theater, I know many who never did that. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Garibaldi

Quote from: Angus on August 05, 2014, 01:30:54 PM

Part of your quote is invalid.  Not all cadets will work at a movie theater, I know many who never did that.

Me either. Although there was this one kid from high school who started at 15 and was still at it quite a few years later. It was his ambition, he said.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

Quote from: Angus on August 05, 2014, 01:30:54 PMPart of your quote is invalid.  Not all cadets will work at a movie theater, I know many who never did that.

Working at a movie theater as a "volunteer" is now required for Phase II - has to be at least 5 screens, offer at least one "healthy" option
at the snack bar, and cadets receive community service ribbon credit at 2x the normal rate as any other service.

"That Others May Zoom"

AirAux

Eclipse, preparing for an IG, I fear you can read the future.  I have never seen so many requirements in all training tracks.  I have seen real jobs that required less micromanagment.  I fear for the future and predict we are a dying beast.  Our Wing has put out a request for UDF or Ground Team for an ELT (non-distress) mission for over 24 hours.  Several of us have been ground team leaders and UDF leaders, but our training is not current.  Ergo no go..  I have prosecuted ELT's for over 30 years, but I am not elgible to go and turn this one off...  It has become so much BS...

Private Investigator

Exactly. Lots of Cadets will never serve in the military either. The prerequisites for a movie theater employment opportunity is quite extensive indeed.  8)

Garibaldi

Quote from: Private Investigator on August 06, 2014, 09:22:34 AM

Exactly. Lots of Cadets will never serve in the military either. The prerequisites for a movie theater employment opportunity is quite extensive indeed.  8)
Gives them experience with being Lt Col popcornmaker
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things