Main Menu

Budget Cuts!!

Started by usafcap1, March 16, 2013, 05:01:51 PM

usafcap1

Budget Cuts WOW!! I don't know what to say. My biggest thing is are we(CAP) going to fizzle away?
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

Eclipse

Quote from: usafcap1 on March 16, 2013, 05:01:51 PM
Budget Cuts WOW!! I don't know what to say. My biggest thing is are we(CAP) going to fizzle away?

No.

Also search is your friend.

"That Others May Zoom"

Stonewall

I thought this was a thread about cheap haircuts.
Serving since 1987.

stillamarine

Be careful with budget cuts. I stopped at a sportsclips on my way down to the Wing Conference and they jacked me up. Of course sportsclips isn't exactly budget....
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Private Investigator

I went to an old school barber and he was great on buzz cuts and 'high and tight' being a WWII and Korea Vet. Anyways I asked for a flat top one time and I looked like "Gumby" when he was done. Then I realize Old Joe had only one eye and told him maybe I should stick to a #2 buzz cut. 

Great war stories indeed and nothing I could repeat on a family forum.   ;)

stillamarine

Ha! I went home a few years ago and realized the guy that gave me my first high and tight as a cadet was still in business so I had to get a hair cut from him. After the haircut I remembered he had been old as dirt then......imagine 20 years later......
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Luis R. Ramos

For my shame, I have to admit I need to get my monthly budget cut.  :P

I am not a model for my cadets at this moment, thank God I am not a Cadet Programs Officer and I see them sparingly. And I took my promotion to Captain last week this way! Shame shame shame on me... This increased my visibility - temporarily - in the squadron since all promoted seniors have to go through a ceremony. We have a senior state "Attention to Orders" then the action is read, and the squadron commander administers the oath in the application again. In front of everyone. I went through that with long hair.

Well, as long - haired as a nearly 60-year-old can be...  ::)

Promise all of you, that I will participate on a SAREX next week.

Will cut my hair before I go there...  :P

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Duke Dillio

I cut my own hair.  Seems to fit my budget much better than spending $20 for a stylist to mess it up...  (I haven't been able to find a good barber shop around here).

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Duke Dillio on March 17, 2013, 10:35:47 PM
I cut my own hair.  Seems to fit my budget much better than spending $20 for a stylist to mess it up...  (I haven't been able to find a good barber shop around here).

You must be quadruple-jointed.  No way could I bend my arms to do that.

Fortunately, I don't have a lot of hair to deal with. ;D
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Майор Хаткевич

I've been cutting my own hair since turning 15. I'm on my third set of clippers...$40, $20, $30. So $90 for 8 years of haircuts.

Walkman

My "budget cut" consists of shaving cream and a razor.  ;D

Stonewall

Blow dryers, Axe Pomade, and a visit to Mimosa, my Albanian stylist, once a month.  Sometimes I'll hit her up a second time if there's a special occasion, but I generally push the limits on grooming standards regularly.  My wife, kids, and me have been going to Mimosa for 7 years now.  Before that, it was Kim for 7 years in McLean, VA.  I have paid $20 a visit (including tip) for 14 years now.

I can't stand high n' tights and I'm not a fan of self-inflicted buzz cuts.  A clean shaven head is a good look for some, but not for me.
Serving since 1987.

JoeTomasone

1/4" all over and then 1/8" for the ears, back of the neck, and other close-cut parts.

Takes 5 minutes to do and costs nothing, other than a kick-ass cutter I got for around $60 in Korea.

Stonewall

Oh yeah, I write off my haircuts each year during tax time.  I'm required to meet certain grooming standards in the Air Guard, i.e. it is a requirement of my job. I've been doing it since my second year in the Army when I was required to have a fresh high n' tight for first formation every Monday morning.

Not sure if you can get away with it for CAP since its volunteer duty, but I'll be looking into it when I retire.
Serving since 1987.

ProdigalJim

Quote from: Stonewall on March 18, 2013, 02:22:16 AM
Oh yeah, I write off my haircuts each year during tax time.  I'm required to meet certain grooming standards in the Air Guard, i.e. it is a requirement of my job. I've been doing it since my second year in the Army when I was required to have a fresh high n' tight for first formation every Monday morning.

Not sure if you can get away with it for CAP since its volunteer duty, but I'll be looking into it when I retire.

My youngest son, 20, is working his way through college as a barber. He has a cosmetology license and a barber's license, majoring in Accounting (and getting his PPL).

He cuts my hair a lot...so I guess I can't write THAT off!  ;D

He also says that high-and-tight is pretty easy, and that what he does for me...which is very close like a high-and-tight but with a nice, blended fade...is actually pretty hard to get right. Especially since I'm so bloody bald anyway that a traditional high-and-tight would be pretty much Capt. Picard...
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Stonewall

Quote from: ProdigalJim on March 18, 2013, 02:55:26 AM....with a nice, blended fade...is actually pretty hard to get right.

And that's why I hated high n' tights, because rarely could someone get it right.  It's not skin, skin, skin then all of the sudden, HAIR!  A good H&T has a fade to it.
Serving since 1987.

Walkman

This has to be one of the best thread drifts ever!

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

Luis R. Ramos

Your fault? More like the OP and Eclipse!

But Stonewall, you added zing! and wham! that suggested the thread to all others that followed. You are a leader!

:clap:    :clap:    :clap:    :clap:    :clap:    :clap:    :clap:    :clap:    :clap:    :clap:

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Devil Doc

Budget Cuts. I pay 12 Bucks for my Cut. Old Style Barber, Chairs are like 30 years old, buidling barely standing. There is also a old TV atop a fridge. What I like about them They know what i want, they shave your neck with the old school razor, no BS. I always tip them 2 dollars. You know what the coolest part is. The one that cuts my hair, is an Old Army Vet, always nice to give back to the Veterans.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.