promoted to second lieutenant

Started by usafcap1, March 01, 2013, 08:16:09 AM

J2H

This is a public forum, its not a CAP doc.... so why am I wrong?  I understand for doc purposes the AF wants to be different...
I'm used to the Army way (oddly even after serving 9 yrs AF), especially since I was an LT for a Security Company in my post-mil world.
SSgt Jeffrey Hughes, Squadron NCO
Glenn L. Martin Composite Squadron MD-031

Luis R. Ramos

Remember your post to USAFCAP?

Congrats 2LT!

This may be a public forum but the message was directed to a CAP MEMBER on a forum identified as a CAP forum so the wording should have been 2d Lt not the way the Army does, not the way the Navy does, not the way the USMC does, nor the way the USCG does.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

rugger1869

This Internet forum stuff is serious business.

a2capt

Quote from: usafcap1 on March 01, 2013, 08:17:19 AMI thought you all should know.
Yes, but did it involve drinks, in uniform? ;)

JeffDG

Quote from: flyer333555 on March 04, 2013, 03:46:18 PM
Remember your post to USAFCAP?

Congrats 2LT!

This may be a public forum but the message was directed to a CAP MEMBER on a forum identified as a CAP forum so the wording should have been 2d Lt not the way the Army does, not the way the Navy does, not the way the USMC does, nor the way the USCG does.

Flyer
Simple question:

Did you understand what was meant by "2LT"?

If the answer is "Yes", then the writer achieved his goal of effectively communicating his message.  Beyond that, who gives a flying ... that he didn't use some official abbreviation in some manual somewhere.

The purpose of written communication is to convey information from the writer to the reader.  One method of doing so is to use standardized abbreviations.  That is not, however, the only method for achieving the goal. 

So, in summary, to those who are abbreviation nazis, I say:
Lighten Up Francis

AC

Congratulations, Lieutenant! :clap:

Terence Maroste      "We're Paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're
Maj, CAP                   supposed to be surrounded."
AEO
SWR-TX-293                  -Captain Richard Winters