Main Menu

FLWG Conference

Started by Stonewall, February 26, 2013, 09:40:13 PM

Stonewall

Out of curiosity, anyone going?  Anyone from CAP Talk that is...
Serving since 1987.

Woodsy

Me.  Should be fun.  Expecting a little smaller than last year though, I think there's only 300 something registered so far. 

JoeTomasone

I will be there on Sunday, I get back from a business trip on Saturday night.   >:(

If anyone would like a ticket to the banquet, PM me.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Woodsy on February 27, 2013, 02:40:49 AM
Me.  Should be fun.  Expecting a little smaller than last year though, I think there's only 300 something registered so far.

That's ALL of Wyoming Wing, plus a few others.

<edit for minor spelling error.>
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Woodsy

Quote from: RogueLeader on February 27, 2013, 03:30:13 PM
Quote from: Woodsy on February 27, 2013, 02:40:49 AM

That's ALL pf Wyoming Wing, plus a few others.

Haha, yeah.  Last year, the national Vice Commander was there and joked about FLWG's conference had more people than several wings had members.

By the way, if anyone else is thinking about going and hasn't decided yet, remember that registration closes March 1st.   

Storm Chaser

I'll be there. This will be my first FLWG Conference, so I'm looking forward to it.

Stonewall

It will be my first Florida wing conference as well. I have been to two other conferences, national capital wing and the national one when it was in DC in the mid nineties.
Serving since 1987.

Storm Chaser

I've been to a couple in Puerto Rico Wing back in the early '90s.

Storm Chaser

Does anyone knows a what time the sign-in starts on 8 March? All the times and activities in the the FLWG website Conference Program just say TBA. Thanks.

Woodsy

Quote from: Storm Chaser on March 04, 2013, 04:59:45 AM
Does anyone knows a what time the sign-in starts on 8 March? All the times and activities in the the FLWG website Conference Program just say TBA. Thanks.

You can check in to the hotel at 1400.  There are no official events Friday night for the general membership.  People will socialize at one of the 4 bars/restaurants the resort has so just wander around and see whats going on. 

Stonewall

Cadet Program at the Conference.

Senior Program at the Conference.
Serving since 1987.

Woodsy

Quote from: Woodsy on March 04, 2013, 05:35:51 AM

You can check in to the hotel at 1400.  There are no official events Friday night for the general membership.  People will socialize at one of the 4 bars/restaurants the resort has so just wander around and see whats going on.

Just an update that they have now decided to have registration open Friday night from 7-10.

Stonewall

I decided to head down there tonight after work because it starts at 0800 and I had no idea until just a few days ago what the schedule was.  Unfortunately there are no rooms left for Friday night.  Looks like I'll be heading out at O'dark-thirty for the 2 1/2 trek south to Orlando.

Yep, I'll be the guy in blues with his eyes glazed over.
Serving since 1987.

Storm Chaser

Maybe we'll see you there. It's a 7-hour drive for me. Luckily, I won't get there as late.

Stonewall

I called and they got me a room tonight, so I am on my way. Look for the party to start in about two hours.
Serving since 1987.