Marines Win Long Campaign to Name Idaho Airport for “Pappy” Boyington

Started by FARRIER, September 10, 2007, 05:09:56 AM

JohnKachenmeister

Pappy Boyington did have some well-publicized personal weaknesses.  However, he had amazing physical courage and was a clearly superior pilot.  Additionally, he was a great leader and teacher.  His pilots were successful in battle because of the training he gave them, and the followed his example in displaying courage in the face of a brutal enemy.

Boyington clearly brought honor to himself, his Corps, and his country.

His college and the students who attend there now acted in a highly dishonorable manner in opposing construction of a statue honoring a great hero who stood up for his country when heroes were needed.  They should be ashamed of themselves, but the fact is that they have no shame.  They are just disgusting.
Another former CAP officer

A.Member

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on September 10, 2007, 08:14:10 PMHis college and the students who attend there now acted in a highly dishonorable manner in opposing construction of a statue honoring a great hero who stood up for his country when heroes were needed.  They should be ashamed of themselves, but the fact is that they have no shame.  They are just disgusting.
UW eventually did agree to a memorial for 5 MoH receipents, including Col. Boyington.  I agree, though, it is disgusting how the issue of a memorial was handled on that campus.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Flying Pig

They should force all of the classes to be taught at the University in Japanese for a day.

mikeylikey

^  Or take away all Federal Funding from the college!  That would show them.
What's up monkeys?

Cecil DP

Quote from: mikeylikey on September 19, 2007, 10:43:18 PM
^  Or take away all Federal Funding from the college!  That would show them.

They tried that with campuses that didn't allow recruiters by curtailing research funds and the colleges screamed bloody murder.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

mikeylikey

^ Not to mention most colleges and universities are breeding grounds for fascists, and a certain political party which shall remain nameless.  I love reading about college professors that instead of lecturing on the class subjects, decide to go off and convey their hatred for the current Administration and the War in Iraq.  Last time I looked those people are there to teach out of a book, not turn new recruits for a political party. 

Wow.......Sorry, had an anti-war demonstration on campus today, had to cancel afternoon PT because the staging area was the gym we use.  So, the University by using the gym to stage the protest, has backed the political stance of that group.
I think they agreed to use the gym because they knew we used it.  In fact, saw many teachers that should have been lecturing at the rally.  I say fire them all.
What's up monkeys?

Flying Pig

Isnt that amazing.  And its probably mom and dad who are footing the bill to pay for professors to attend rallies vs teach class.  Can someone ask for any reimbursement if the teacher skips class to attend a rally?

Eclipse

Let's not forget that these great military leaders, foibles and all, fought for the right to allow dissenting opinion.

In some ways the greatest tribute possible to these gentlemen is the protest itself.

A statue is a dead piece of metal, easy to forget and ignore.

A protest, "misguided" or not, is a living example of the freedoms we all enjoy.

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

SAR-EMT1

Nor mine.
I had to drop a class because the Grad Assistant was from Vietnam and made life hell for me on days when I had lead-lab.
I complained to an assistant dean would told me " its not her fault that you are what you are Mr Edgar"

I HATE Liberals.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Flying Pig

So much for teaching any sort of professionalism or self control.

dougsnow

Liberals dont need any professionalism.

As an aside, did anyone watch the Columbia prez introduce Ahmeddina-whatever? 

Pylon

Gentleman, leave the politics and bashing of political slants at the door thanks.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP