National Staff ID Badge

Started by imposter87, February 11, 2018, 11:32:40 PM

imposter87

So who exactly wears this badge? I have seen it quite a bit here lately.

Is it anyone on National Staff period no matter the squadron?

Or only those designated for a specific National Unit?

I also noticed this badge isn't available on Vanguard, which brings more mystery to the badge.

Any info would be nice as I havent been in CAP a long time.

dwb

CAPM 39-1, the CAP uniform manual:

QuoteNational Staff Badge. Wear is confined to those members who have been appointed to a National Staff position on a National Headquarters Personnel Action. The badge may be worn temporarily upon appointment. Individuals serving in said positions for at least one year may wear the badge permanently. Award of the National Staff Badge is retroactive to individuals serving on the National Staff on or after 1 January 2014.

So, you need to appear on a personnel authorization and appointed to a national-level staff position. I'm told you have to call Vanguard to order the badge, and they check your name against the list.

Ninja edit: National staff jobs are generally additional duty positions. You can remain in your home unit.

James Shaw

You are eligible to wear it while you are Assigned to National Staff but I am not sure if it is additional duty or only a true transfer from your unit. If you are authorized to wear it you must be in the National Staff Position for at least 1 year before it is a permanent badge.

Someone beat me while I was typing.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

NIN

Its definitely an additional duty assignment.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Fester

Quote from: NIN on February 12, 2018, 02:57:48 AM
Its definitely an additional duty assignment.

I'd imagine it has it's many rewards though.  Knowing that you have so much influence on the lives of 60,000 Americans.

Thanks for your service.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996