Apps and Files for Unit Tablet

Started by JC004, November 08, 2015, 02:26:06 PM

JC004

This has been discussed before, but the answers change regularly because the software changes regularly.

I'm going to make my tablet (Android) into a squadron tablet for general CAP use - Cadet Programs, Emergency Services, Aerospace Education.

Trying to come up with a list of files to include (Safety regulations, CPP, 52-16, ES Task guides, etc.), and apps to install.

It can be used for flying missions (so aviation apps would be good), ground missions, geocaching, etc.

Ideas?

kwe1009

Add all of the pubs and forms if you have time.  They don't take up a lot of space so you might as well just add everything.  Also, for Cadet Programs, I would recommend downloading some good Youtube videos on how to drill.

foo

Quote from: kwe1009 on November 08, 2015, 11:23:17 PM
Add all of the pubs and forms if you have time.  They don't take up a lot of space so you might as well just add everything.  Also, for Cadet Programs, I would recommend downloading some good Youtube videos on how to drill.

Incidentally, I noticed that regs and manuals are no longer available to download in a single handy zip file.

Note: Indexes, regulations and manuals are available only on-line.
http://www.capmembers.com/forms_publications__regulations/indexes-regulations-and-manuals-1700/

Bummer.

SarDragon

Quote from: neummy on November 09, 2015, 02:57:16 PM

Incidentally, I noticed that regs and manuals are no longer available to download in a single handy zip file.

http://www.capmembers.com/forms_publications__regulations/indexes-regulations-and-manuals-1700/

Bummer.

That's been an on-again, off-again thing. You might ping the KB for more info.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JC004

I was going to just do select publications.  The cadets can inspect the unit electronic files for currency when they regularly inspect the unit mission kit. 

jhighman

If you have aircrew, consider  FltPlan GO. It is completely free and has many of the features of expensive subscription-based electronic flight bags. If you connect a GPS receiver, it will even put a moving map over a gridded sectional...

Another good option but not free is specific to CAP called CAPFlight Pro 2. I think it's $6. The older version (CAPFlight Pro) is free but has far fewer features. It works wonderfully with WMIRS and is great for Form104 work.

Capt Thompson

Avare is an excellent app. Completely free, has CAP Grids, and last week when I had it in the air it even reported altitude within about 50 ft of what the plane said, and the gps was dead on.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

Holding Pattern

Quote from: neummy on November 09, 2015, 02:57:16 PM

Bummer.

Ask and ye shall receive!

CAP Indexes, Regulations, and Manuals, as of 12-18-2015
MD5:535C7AE8EC0FD35BF9F54F0DAEDFE142

Bonus round:

CAP Pamphlets as of 12-18-2015
MD5:722970492BF4DF97712CEA94904F7B60