Main Menu

Bates Non-Gloss Oxfords

Started by exFlight Officer, December 14, 2011, 04:44:04 PM

exFlight Officer

Good Morning.

I have been trying to find reasonably priced Non-Gloss Oxfords online. So far, I have checked eBay, Bates, and a few military surplus stores.  The official Bates page shoes them at about $100 which is out of my price range. The same for the military surplus stores.  eBay has lots of Bates but either they do not have my size (10 D) or are out of my budget.

Anyone have a recommendation of where to purchase Bates Non-Gloss Oxfords? 

Or does anyone recommend another shoe manufacturer for uniform wear?

Any input is appreciated!

(Mods: Please move if this in the wrong section. Thanks.)

Persona non grata

try sportsman guide......rothco makes a pair that are a low price
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Spaceman3750

On the flip side, you could save up for a pair of Eccos. 8)

Eclipse

Quote from: Flight Officer on December 14, 2011, 04:44:04 PM
Or does anyone recommend another shoe manufacturer for uniform wear?

Your local Walmart or other retail shoe store should have a pair of black dress shoes for under $50 which will be fine.

These would be perfect - $20.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/George-Men-s-Marcus-Dress-Shoes/14168069

"That Others May Zoom"

PA Guy

AAFES has the following:

Men's Military Oxford $46.70
Bate's Men's Duraschock Uinform Leather Uppers $70

SarDragon

Back WIWOAD, leather shoes were cheaper than Corfam (poromeric) shoes. Today, the situation has reversed. Good leather shoes can run 1-1/2 to 2 times the cost of the man-made shoes.

Personally, I prefer all leather (uppers and soles) for their durability and comfort.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

exFlight Officer

Thanks everyone, y'all have been a big help!

Be safe out there  8)

cwade1775

you might check Quartermaster...www.qmuniforms.com....they have lawpro brand shoes that I think are just as good as bates for around $30 bucks...both gloss and non gloss...
Christopher Wade
Major CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
McMinnville Composite Squadron
Oregon Wing

SarDragon

If I can tear up a $70 pair of Bates shoes in 18 months, I can't imagine the quality, or lack thereof, in a $30 pair of shoes.

I wore them in an environment that accelerated sole wear. The uppers stayed nice as long as I didn't kics benches with sharp edges.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Brad

I have a pair of Navy-issue Bates real leathers with the wood soles that I've had since high school (class of 2004, do the math) back from my NJROTC days. If I'm feeling crazy enough I polish them up nice and wear them, mainly because I love the heavy wooden heels on them and the click they make when I snap to as opposed to the fake rubber ones on my patent leathers.

12 years and they're still holding strong, only thing they really need is a pair of drop-in insoles for comfort.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

cwade1775

The shoes from lawpro are actually really good quality...they are designed for law enforcement.  I have a pair of high gloss ones that have lasted several years.
Christopher Wade
Major CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
McMinnville Composite Squadron
Oregon Wing