Aviation retirement

Started by Flying Pig, October 16, 2012, 01:45:52 AM

Flying Pig

Not CAP related, but definitely Aviation related.  One of our pilots recently retired this past June with 27,000+ hours and 47 years of service in Law Enforcement.  A company put this together for us. 

Retirement of an Eagle on Vimeo

bosshawk

Neat, Rob: did you get promoted?
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

NIN

Neato!  Thats an impressive career.

Operational question, Rob: You guys often exit the aircraft and leave the controls unmanned with blades still turning?

I'm assuming that the blades are winding down, but yikes!

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Flying Pig

Yes. We dont usually walk away like that but I dont sit in it. After you cut the throttle there is no need to sit at the controls. I usually get out and do a post flight walk around while they are spinning down, open the cowls and check the engine, listen for any weird sounds or grinding, creeking, etc. We have a rotor brake but Jim never used it. You can put in a full control deflection after you cut the throttle and nothing happens.  In additon the controls have friction locks as well.

Paul,  Not really promoted but I moved from full time airplane part time helo to full time helo, part time airplane.  Not a bad way to make a living :)