Main Menu

Log off and PT

Started by Stonewall, February 02, 2013, 06:45:29 PM

Ned

Because the ancient President's Challenge threads were locked long ago, I thought I'd post this here.

With my run this morning, I went over a million points and qualifed for the Platinum Award.

A little less than six years after a thread here on CAPTalk encouraged me to join the program and in particular the "CT Challenge" group.  (In which I think I am the only member still active.)

My million points represents:

• A little over 10,500 injury-free miles run

• 21 pairs of Brooks running shoes

• About 900 mornings of getting up at 0530 to run before work

• Nine half-marathons (Including the awesome Disneyland Half)

• A couple of dozen 10ks and five-milers

• 4 years of running every mile with every team at NCC

• 5 CAP National Convention 5ks (got lost on the route in San Antonio)

• 1 mini-triathalon (they need to find warm water venues)

•   The joy of watching cadets getting their tails kicked by a geezer SM

See you all at the 5K in Denver -- bring supplemental oxygen.

Ned Lee
Cadet Guy

FlyTiger77

Quote from: Ned on July 19, 2013, 04:25:37 PM
Because the ancient President's Challenge threads were locked long ago, I thought I'd post this here.

With my run this morning, I went over a million points and qualifed for the Platinum Award.

A little less than six years after a thread here on CAPTalk encouraged me to join the program and in particular the "CT Challenge" group.  (In which I think I am the only member still active.)

My million points represents:

• A little over 10,500 injury-free miles run

• 21 pairs of Brooks running shoes

• About 900 mornings of getting up at 0530 to run before work

• Nine half-marathons (Including the awesome Disneyland Half)

• A couple of dozen 10ks and five-milers

• 4 years of running every mile with every team at NCC

• 5 CAP National Convention 5ks (got lost on the route in San Antonio)

• 1 mini-triathalon (they need to find warm water venues)

•   The joy of watching cadets getting their tails kicked by a geezer SM

See you all at the 5K in Denver -- bring supplemental oxygen.

Ned Lee
Cadet Guy

I just signed up for the President's Challenge because of this post. I am not certain, but I may soon hate you!

I think I will try to cajole my staff and squadron commanders to join me in the misery...err...fun!
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

commando1

All, I know this thread hasn't seen much action in a month now...but I finally remembered my CAPTalk password for the first time in a while. I'm a U.S Marine currently stationed in southern MS and about to go to North Carolina. Most people don't realize how easy it is to PT just a little bit and how effective it can be. I was 5'8 128 lbs when I enlisted. I am now 5'9" and 155 lbs. That weight gain has entirely been muscle. It wasn't from hitting the gym every day...or even exercising every day. My drill instructors on the Island wouldn't work us out for over an hour at a time. It isn't necessary. Eating right, HYDRATE, and exercise will do wonders for you. My unit worked out for 45 min this morning and I'm still recovering. I'll be real sore tomorrow. No excuses.

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni
Non Timebo Mala