Main Menu

Fort Knox Kentucky

Started by mikeylikey, May 14, 2007, 10:19:33 PM

mikeylikey

I just got late word I have to go to Fort Knox the beginning of June to staff the Army ROTC Leaders Training Course this summer.  Anyone here active at the CAP SQD there on post? 
What's up monkeys?

Al Sayre

Not me, but if you happen to stumble over a few gold bars while you are there, you can send them this way ;)
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

JC004

Quote from: Al Sayre on May 15, 2007, 12:04:57 AM
Not me, but if you happen to stumble over a few gold bars while you are there, you can send them this way ;)

Exactly what came across my mind...

ZigZag911

Don't they frown on collecting "souvenirs"??? :)

JC004

Quote from: ZigZag911 on May 15, 2007, 02:07:16 AM

But I like to collect things!  Recent exchange with the wing commander, as I was walking out of an office at wing HQ: "MR. COLGAN!" "YESSIR?" "Every time I see you, you're walking out of here with something..." "Uh, well this time I was dropping something off..." "Well, that's a first..."

afgeo4

Would it work if I got you in touch with someone who went through the same course at the same place 2 years ago?
GEORGE LURYE

JohnKachenmeister

Don't miss an opportunity to visit the Patton Museum of Cavalry and Armor there.
Another former CAP officer

MIKE

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on May 15, 2007, 05:00:15 PM
Don't miss an opportunity to visit the Patton Museum of Cavalry and Armor there.

They used to have bumper stickers there that read: "Drive Defensively Buy A Tank"  ;D
Mike Johnston

ZigZag911

Quote from: JC004 on May 15, 2007, 02:34:02 AM

But I like to collect things!  Recent exchange with the wing commander, as I was walking out of an office at wing HQ: "MR. COLGAN!" "YESSIR?" "Every time I see you, you're walking out of here with something..." "Uh, well this time I was dropping something off..." "Well, that's a first..."

Do you have an uncle or other forebearer by the name of "Sgt Bilko" by anu remote chance!?

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: ZigZag911 on May 15, 2007, 05:51:17 PM
Quote from: JC004 on May 15, 2007, 02:34:02 AM

Do you have an uncle or other forebearer by the name of "Sgt Bilko" by anu remote chance!?

Uncle Earnie!!!!

brasda91

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 14, 2007, 10:19:33 PM
I just got late word I have to go to Fort Knox the beginning of June to staff the Army ROTC Leaders Training Course this summer.  Anyone here active at the CAP SQD there on post? 

Yes they have an active sqd there on post.  The sqd commanders name is Joe Johnson, wife is Charlotte, (270) 422-8125 or jjohncap@bbtel.com.  Feel free to contact him.  Super nice guy, would love to have you participating with his sqd while your there.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

JohnKachenmeister

Be sure to tell us about Agony Hill and Misery Hill when you get back!  I had to climb Agony and Misery in 1978.
Another former CAP officer

mikeylikey

Quote from: brasda91 on May 17, 2007, 10:17:51 AM

Yes they have an active sqd there on post.  The sqd commanders name is Joe Johnson, wife is Charlotte, (270) 422-8125 or jjohncap@bbtel.com.  Feel free to contact him.  Super nice guy, would love to have you participating with his sqd while your there.

Awesome!  Thanks!

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on May 17, 2007, 01:18:58 PM

Be sure to tell us about Agony Hill and Misery Hill when you get back!  I had to climb Agony and Misery in 1978.

Hahah.....are those the two that take you down to the stream crossing and gas chambers?  If so.....I remember them very well. 
What's up monkeys?