Capt Rivera

//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

JC004

I've seen them...don't have one.  Get the USAF Auxiliary command patches while they're hot.   >:D   ;D

mikeylikey

Yup...got one of them when the Wing did an order about 3 years ago.  It has been the only thing Wing has given me other than a headache and hemorrhoids.
What's up monkeys?

Al Sayre

I see them on ebay regularly
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

JC004

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 09, 2007, 08:50:19 PM
...It has been the only thing Wing has given me other than a headache and hemorrhoids.

You too?

Eclipse

Considering the 60th anniversary was 5 years ago, these are old news.

We presented them as tokens to honor cadets for ILWG Spring Encampment in 2004 before we
started having our own coins minted.

I gave the aux shield to the cadet commander this year as a personal gift from me, but as mentioned eBay is usually cheaper for these.

We >did< do a few engraved coins this year from NWT because their engraving is dirt cheap and fast.

Everything we do now beyond that is custom minted out of Incirlik, Turkey.

"That Others May Zoom"

Becks

Yup I bought and gave out a couple of

BBATW

Eclipse

Quote from: Becks on May 09, 2007, 11:05:25 PM
Yup I bought and gave out a couple of

These are especially cool because they are the "right" majcom...

"That Others May Zoom"

ddelaney103

I got the coaster for my work desk - they were selling them at the Pentagon.

LTC_Gadget

Gee, I didn't see a statement of license from CAP on them.  Once someone from NHQ figures out they're not getting a cut, the company will either get a C&D letter, or a visit from the black helicopters van...  ;D

V/R,
John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
Mitchell and Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.

JC004

Quote from: LTC_Gadget on May 10, 2007, 04:38:29 AM
Gee, I didn't see a statement of license from CAP on them.  Once someone from NHQ figures out they're not getting a cut, the company will either get a C&D letter, or a visit from the black helicopters van...  ;D

V/R,

I belieeeeve this was on the back of the magazine a while back.  If it was indeed, I bet they're aware (although not guaranteed - you know how it is at S Hansell Street  >:D ).

CadetProgramGuy

I have one of the brass antique and one merlin gold.

alamrcn

Man, I'm glad I collect patches and not coins - one of each would seriously put a hole in the pocket!

There was a nice article on CAP commemorative and challange coins in the November-December 2006 issue of Volunteer Magazine, with comments from the National Archives Curator, Lt Col Bill Schell Jr.

The earliest I remember seeing CAP coins was when Gen Anderson gave a couple of the new commander's coins out at the first National Blue Beret in 1995. He wasn't able to actually make it, but a representative presented them to the lucky few.

Other than coins and patches, what other "tokens" have been awarded in CAP? The infamous "swagger stick" comes to mind right away... but I don't want to be a thred troll and start an arguement about them.

- Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota