Anyone know how to contact the Maryland Defense Force?

Started by NAYBOR, May 06, 2007, 04:44:18 AM

flyguy06

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 14, 2007, 03:54:54 PM
Quote from: flyguy06 on May 14, 2007, 03:30:29 PM
I spend my drill weekends writing OPORD's for a drill 3 months into the future. Thats our focus not trivial things like who should salute whom or who comes to attention. Thats cadet stuff

Wow....I can write an OPORD in under two hours as well as get a WARNO out during that time.  I could do it quicker when I wrote for Company and below.....writing for Battalion is a little more in depth.  As far as trivial things...... I don't know what backwoods unit you are part of, but Customs and Courtesies is the area that makes the military the military.  If we did not have C&C, the structure would breakdown and we would not be effective in waging war.  Sure there was a lot of emphasis placed on C&C in "cadet land" (ROTC/WEST POINT) as well as in basic training, but we still have "refresher" classes (and hip-pocket training) on the subjects.  

A huge part of the Duty day in the Army is steeped in tradition.  Cannon fire, retreat ceremony....etc.  Hell......I am not that person that goes looking for salutes, but when a PVT fails to salute me or, fails to say the appropriate greeting for the unit, I stop them and make them aware of their mistake.  

Question......In your unit does everyone call each other by their first name.  Such as Private Jones calling the Captain by his first name?  Just wanted to know since trivial things like that don't matter to you.

I'm talking about a Battalion OPORD. Plus the Guard is different than active duty. We plan 120 days in advance. In other words Next month I will be planning for October drill. A lot of coordination goes into it.

Anyway, I am done with this thread. I dont think I have made my point clear. You all are caught up on who salutes who and who wears what uniform. and stuff. Really it comes down to soldier prepardness. Thats my focus anyway. I have been an actuve duty NCO and curently a Guard officer. i have seen both worlds and love it.

Becks

Yup, like DNall said, I think everyone should just drop it and agree to disagree if needed, this thread is going no where.

BBATW