Main Menu

NYWG Conference 2007

Started by Pylon, April 05, 2007, 02:18:29 PM

Pylon

Just sent in my registrations for the conference and hotel for the 2007 New York Wing Conference in Lake George this May.  Is anybody else here planning on going?

I'm really looking forward to the banquet aboard the cruise ship on Lake George.   8)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RogueLeader

Quote from: Pylon on April 05, 2007, 02:18:29 PM
I'm really looking forward to the banquet aboard the cruise ship on Lake George.   8)
Must be nice 8)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

NYWG Historian

You don't understand--for the last 3-4 years, it's been held in the middle of nowhere along an often rain-swollen river that threatens to drown everyone.  To have it at Lake George (an honest to God resort locale) and a dinner cruise is reminiscent of previous Conferences held at Lake Placid and Cooperstown. :clap:
Peter J. Turecek, Major, CAP
Historian
New York Wing

RogueLeader

Quote from: NYWG Historian on April 05, 2007, 03:53:41 PM
You don't understand--for the last 3-4 years, it's been held in the middle of nowhere along an often rain-swollen river that threatens to drown everyone.  To have it at Lake George (an honest to God resort locale) and a dinner cruise is reminiscent of previous Conferences held at Lake Placid and Cooperstown.
Still must be nice to be able to have it on a cruise ship.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

dwb

Quote from: NYWG Historian on April 05, 2007, 03:53:41 PM...for the last 3-4 years, it's been held in the middle of nowhere...

Nice job Pete, you've just offended everyone in the Southern Tier.  >:D

You're right, though.  This is a much better location to have the conference.  I'm actually sorry to be missing this one.

afgeo4

Lake George is wonderful, but considering how much money I've shelled out on CAP this year, I just plain can't afford such luxuries. I wish conferences required for promotion weren't so gosh darn expensive. Oh well... it is Come And Pay, isn't it?
GEORGE LURYE

NYWG Historian

I certainly did not intend any offense to the Southern Tier!  But Owego?!   I think the Southern Tier has a lot of other gems more worthy....Corning has a great glass museum, Elmira has a long history with sailplanes/gliders, even Binghampton or Ithaca have other things going for them--including great history (Edwin Link, who developed the Link trainer, precursor to today's flight simulators, was Binghampton-based--the airport is named for him.  The company is still around today--in the form of L-3 Communications.)

Sorry you'll miss it this year, George.  It does get pricey year after year--hence the reason we never hosted one in NYC!  What we pay now for the entire hotel/dinner banquet package would just cover 1 room for 1 night in the city.
Peter J. Turecek, Major, CAP
Historian
New York Wing

JarakMaldon

Quote from: NYWG Historian on April 05, 2007, 05:34:37 PM
I certainly did not intend any offense to the Southern Tier!  But Owego?! 

Owego is my home town.  Grew up and graduated High School there.  Thought it was a nice, quiet place.  Sorry it didn't suit your fancy.

The reason that the NYWG Conference was held there so many times, I assess, is that the Owego Treadway Inn was large enough for the crowd and dirt-cheap.
J.M.S. - 2d Lt, USAF / Capt, CAP / 2LT, AG, USACC
Penn State '06 - I are intelligent.

Pylon

*bump*

It's this weekend.  Will I see any of you there?  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP