SO...what is the big deal now that they didn't have then?

Started by Major Carrales, March 31, 2007, 01:29:29 AM

cap53

John 
You are correct.  I can't remember what General it was.  But there was a lot of abuse of the rank.  Y you know we are going back in things like the design of the command patch which copy's the shoulder patch and insignia of th 40's.  Stick around long enough and you will probably see the original RED shoulder tabs.

JC004

This might give a hint to when the maroons came into play.

lordmonar

I joined CAP in 1985...we wore the blue epaulets and hard medal rank.  When I came back in 2003 we were in gray epaulets. (missed the whole maroon thing).

One of the major things that pushed the maroons was that there was a CAP member who was impersonating a USAF Major.  He persuaded a National Guard Armory to issue him some M-16's and Ammo for cadet training.

Anyway....everyone was embarrassed and the USAF's reaction was to make us look as different as possible. 

This was around the time one of our National Commander's decided he needed two stars.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

mikeylikey

Quote from: lordmonar on May 18, 2007, 12:25:29 AM
I joined CAP in 1985...we wore the blue epaulets and hard medal rank.  When I came back in 2003 we were in gray epaulets. (missed the whole maroon thing).

One of the major things that pushed the maroons was that there was a CAP member who was impersonating a USAF Major.  He persuaded a National Guard Armory to issue him some M-16's and Ammo for cadet training.

Anyway....everyone was embarrassed and the USAF's reaction was to make us look as different as possible. 

This was around the time one of our National Commander's decided he needed two stars.

That was Jeff Klotz.  He did more than impersonate and draw a few rifles.  However that happened 1999-2000.  After the Grey epaulets appeared.
What's up monkeys?

LtCol White

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 18, 2007, 01:15:16 AM

That was Jeff Klotz.  He did more than impersonate and draw a few rifles.  However that happened 1999-2000.  After the Grey epaulets appeared.

The maroon came as a result of Gen Harwell promoting himself and having epaulets made then showing up at a meeting where USAF "gave birth" when they saw it.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

JC004

Quote from: LtCol White on May 18, 2007, 01:26:36 AM
Quote from: mikeylikey on May 18, 2007, 01:15:16 AM

The maroon came as a result of Gen Harwell promoting himself and having epaulets made then showing up at a meeting where USAF "gave birth" when they saw it.

Finally...a name to the epaulet.  It's always been said as "a national commander." 

jimmydeanno

I always call him EE when he comes up in conversation.  2 E's and 2 Stars, kinda poetic if you ask me...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill