December Board of Governors Meeting

Started by RiverAux, February 13, 2007, 01:41:44 AM

Eagle400

Quote from: RiverAux on May 05, 2007, 03:33:33 PM
Well, the Dec 2006 BoG minutes have finally been posted.

Some interesting tidbits:
1.  There was discussion of background check procedures for potential Wing and Region Commanders. 
2.  Asking for 6500 hours of flying for AF Operation Noble Eagle.
3.  Asking to increased funded flight training for mission pilots from 5 to 10 hours per year.
4.  Increased funding for a "Missionized" NOC.  I'm pretty sure that isn't a word.
5.  A very interesting discussion over AF concerns about checks and balances within CAP.

Do you know where I can get a copy of the minutes to download? 

RiverAux

Go to eservices and chose the National meeting agendas and minutes link on the left side of the page.

PHall

Quote from: RiverAux on May 05, 2007, 05:39:56 PM
Go to eservices and chose the National meeting agendas and minutes link on the left side of the page.

Only if you're a current member.

RiverAux

I'm not interested in telling non-members how to get to this information, even if it is possible for them to bypass some precautions.

lordmonar

Quote from: 12211985 on May 05, 2007, 05:10:15 PM
Well, the Dec 2006 BoG minutes have finally been posted.

Some interesting tidbits:
1.  There was discussion of background check procedures for potential Wing and Region Commanders. 
2.  Asking for 6500 hours of flying for AF Operation Noble Eagle.
3.  Asking to increased funded flight training for mission pilots from 5 to 10 hours per year.
4.  Increased funding for a "Missionized" NOC.  I'm pretty sure that isn't a word.
5.  A very interesting discussion over AF concerns about checks and balances within CAP.

Do you know where I can get a copy of the minutes to download? 

Join CAP, log onto E-services, down load them.  Easy. ;D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eagle400

Quote from: RiverAux on May 05, 2007, 10:59:14 PM
I'm not interested in telling non-members how to get to this information, even if it is possible for them to bypass some precautions.

That's good, because I'm not interested in breaking the honor code to get the information. 

BillB

Actually the Board of Governors minutes fall under the Public Records law since members are appointed by the Secretary of the Air Force. And the Board is authorized to make recommendation to the Secretary. Since CAP gets federal funding, much of the meetings of the NEC, NB is covered by the Freedom of Information Act. Members can get the information on eServices, but the general public has to make the request for the information.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Pylon

Quote from: 12211985 on May 05, 2007, 11:27:01 PM
That's good, because I'm not interested in breaking the honor code to get the information. 

That's good, because CAP has no official honor code.   :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

LTC_Gadget

I was with you in thinking that it wasn't.  So I checked www.dictionary.com.  Turns out it's currently accepted as a word, but it refers to doing missionary work. So, it would seem that someone's misused the word. 

Heck, prioritize wasn't originally a word either. But try getting by one day in government service without using or hearing it. 

And before all the fellow logophiles jump in to make the point, recall that dictionaries also don't establish the propriety of a word, they merely report how it's spelled, and reflect how it's found to have been used in general society at the time of its writing. If a word is misused enough, that definition will also eventually be reflected in a dictionary somewhere, so that one might understand what's been said, no matter how incorrect it may be..

V/R,
John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
Mitchell and Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.

ColonelJack

Quote from: LTC_Gadget on May 07, 2007, 03:01:22 PM
If a word is misused enough, that definition will also eventually be reflected in a dictionary somewhere, so that one might understand what's been said, no matter how incorrect it may be..

Witness how ain't got into the dictionary (though it does say, "usage strongly discouraged").

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

LTC_Gadget

Quote from: ColonelJack on May 07, 2007, 04:50:53 PM
Quote from: LTC_Gadget on May 07, 2007, 03:01:22 PM
If a word is misused enough, that definition will also eventually be reflected in a dictionary somewhere, so that one might understand what's been said, no matter how incorrect it may be..

Witness how ain't got into the dictionary (though it does say, "usage strongly discouraged").

Jack

Yep.. I used to have a dictionary at had that phrased it even stronger than that.  It said "it's usage should be discouraged by those who do not wish to be considered illiterate..."  Gotta luvit!  ;D
John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
Mitchell and Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.