Main Menu

Help on Sr Program?

Started by DNall, January 31, 2007, 10:16:07 PM

Capt Rivera

Quote from: DNall on January 31, 2007, 10:16:07 PM

5) 1Lt, older than dirt, Army in Korea. Sneaks in w/ my cadets when I'm not looking to do a monthly military history deal, which is fine within reason. Goes a little silly with it though. Member of Sons of Confederate Veterans (as am I on paper somewhere in box), which is again fine till he starts doing the 'were slaves really treated bad' bit to cadets & the squared away 15yo AFROTC cadet (black girl) doesn't show up again. Listen I'm from an old southern family & have a degree in American military history with focus on the civil war era. He wasn't being racist, but what he said would have offended a lot of people. He doesn't do ES, but drives cadets at times, which I guess makes him transportation officer even though the CC whips out the reports.

6) 2Lt, just promoted, uhh how do I put this... semi-retarded (in the legal/medical sense) kid thinks he's a cadet most of the time. Comes from a weird adoptive foster family which accounts for two other cadets that really need our help. This guy though is disruptive at times, creates dangerous situations around cadets a lot, & generally a PITA & always in my way. He'd like to do some GT, but I don't trust him near anyone or anything & am not very happy he got promoted.

I know this is old, but its still on the board and still open to discussion so don't point out the obvious. Whats funny about this post is I guess who wrote it after reading it...I was right... My DISLIKE for DNALL aside which I'm not surprised is shared by so many. [thanks to everyone who personal messaged me to let me know how much you agree with me about him...  anyway... now that all that is out of the way, and I did that because it wouldn't surprise me if the fact that recently everyone realized my opinion of him was brought up... so i did it for you... Yes I dislike him but the following would be said no matter who had wrote it.

How the hell is what he is saying not racist. What he is saying isnt that the treatment itself wasn't so bad but that the treatment of slaves which were PEOPLE of AFRICAN decent brought here against their will and forced to do back breaking labor, as well as be sex toys for both their male and female "owners". Not treated so bad? I'm sure if it was a white person getting treated that way now, or even back then he would have a different opinion. I'm sure he would disagree with his own statements if it was himself who had to endure those and other conditions. I'm sure if it was his 15 year old daughter called up to the masters hows to be raped when the wife wasn't home he would think different. He IS a racists. The statement he made is not only offensive but is in fact a RACIST statement. It has NO place in CAP. Anyone who does not tell him directly that it stops immediately has no place in CAP. And if he was to continue his membership needs to be terminated.

Thanks for showing concern about the young girl that was scared away. I saw no plan to get her to come back. I would trade 50 of you and that racist for that one girl to stay in CAP.

Unless you've been proactive in fixing this problem and I believe theres been PLENTY of time to correct it. You do not deserve to put on any of the uniforms you own.

To the other point. A weird adoptive foster family? How close minded are you? Forget that questions its becoming clear how close minded you are. Your comments about his situation is uncalled for. A family who adopts 1 or more children and attempts to raise them to the best of their ability, seeking out membership for those children in a program that should make them feel accepted, needed, valuable, while presenting a safe environment, building skills and values for the future and instilling in them a since of pride is somehow weird? I wonder what silver spoon you ate off of to make a statement like that?

Retarded or semi-retarded are degrading terms for someone who is mentally handicapped. Someone can become mentally handicapped for many different reasons. Thats beside the point. Your opinion on his promotion is again unnecessary. Does he show up? Is he motivated? Does he motivate the other cadets? Does he participate to the best of his ability? Everyone has potential to make choices that can put themselves and others in danger. Many people without handicaps do that daily and something tells me your not immune to that. Until he does something to physically harm someone he should be treated no differently then anyone else on the age level his brain functions at. Beyond that, you treat him with the respect a human being deserves!

If it is felt he might be a danger somehow, and I honestly can't see to many situations where he can be unless his handicap makes him violent. [please don't say stupid stuff like near aircraft and on emergencies] Its obvious some situations would be handled entirely different then the average meeting night.] It is not for you to assume that he would or could be violent. Unless he displays this tendency, it is not your concern. And no it should NOT be investigated either. He should be treated no differently UNLESS absolutely needed for safety. Do a preemptive invasion of his personal privacy is something not done to ALL members and therefor should NOT be done to any.

I honestly can't believe that with all the comments made to this topic no one had the balls to address these to issues. Apparently in the cadet protection program mention needs to be made about the treatment of people different them yourself.

Again DNALL I challenge you to give me your full name and rank & your installation and we'd see how far your military carrier goes. You don't deserve that uniform either!

EDIT: I forgot... DNALL your a PITA to use your verbiage.
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

SJFedor

Hooray for another CAPTalk pissing contest....

Moderator, this may be getting out of control. Recommend locking the thread and giving out slaps on wrist.

Second?

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Capt Rivera

Quote from: SJFedor on May 12, 2007, 07:16:07 PM
Hooray for another CAPTalk pissing contest....

Moderator, this may be getting out of control. Recommend locking the thread and giving out slaps on wrist.

Second?

Why not join the discussion. Everything stated is pertinent to what was originally posted. The matter isn't that I dislike & openly disrespect DNALL, I just mentioned that before someone else would present the obvious. The matter is what he stated. Did you even read his post? Did you read what I wrote? By not voicing an opinion are you saying you don't care about the affects that type of attitude can have on an organization. Do you condone or agree with the things he said? I'm just curious... and I'm sure the moderator doesn't need you to tell him what to do. If he feels I'm doing wrong I'm sure he will communicate with me directly. Like I've said lets get away from the obvious conclusion that I have great disdain for DNALL... lets focus on what a member of this forum who is a member of the CAP is saying. lets focus on his possible influence on cadets and that he is a representative of the CAP and the USAF. 
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

MIKE

Mike Johnston