Main Menu

Gift for Senior Member

Started by Razerex, December 18, 2017, 02:07:21 AM

Razerex

My cadet is new to CAP, so I don't know what protocols and etiquette are.  There's one Senior Member in particular who is akin to the "wizard behind the curtain." She's always running around, all over the place, taking care of everyone, everything, and just does it all. Are there any rules, regulations, etc against giving gifts to Senior Members? I won't see her again until after the holidays, but I'd like to give her something, a small token of appreciation to say, "thank you for being amazing!" Any suggestions?  Thank you.

Eclipse

No specific rules regarding gifts. 

A Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts gift card is a nice token.

My wife is able to buy these with her company's logo on them and we gave several of them to CAP
members and Boy Scouts who helped with an activity.

https://www.amazon.com/Spinning-Airplane-Propeller-Letter-Opener/dp/B018ERDSCM

~$13 shipped.

"That Others May Zoom"

Holding Pattern

In 1998 my father (a SM in the squadron at the time) got a marble paperweight from the drill team with the CAP logo on it and an "in appreciation from the drill team" mini-plaque on it.

It is still on his work desk.

MrsRoe

Quote from: Razerex on December 18, 2017, 02:07:21 AM
My cadet is new to CAP, so I don't know what protocols and etiquette are.  There's one Senior Member in particular who is akin to the "wizard behind the curtain." She's always running around, all over the place, taking care of everyone, everything, and just does it all. Are there any rules, regulations, etc against giving gifts to Senior Members? I won't see her again until after the holidays, but I'd like to give her something, a small token of appreciation to say, "thank you for being amazing!" Any suggestions?  Thank you.
We're doing gift card and a framed photo of our cadet with the senior member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a new SM and mom of a CAP kid trying to figure it out one acronym at a time

Laplace