Main Menu

20 and out: Part Deux

Started by Simplex, December 25, 2018, 02:41:24 AM

SarDragon

From CAPR 39-2:
Retired members may reapply for active membership with the approval of the National Commander.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: MSG Mac on January 16, 2019, 04:15:50 AM
I retired about 10 years ago, when I tried to rejoin, I was told that I needed my Wing Commander's permission to rejoin.

Actually you need the National CC's approval.
CAPR 39-2, Page 20
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/R039_002_A74FDA9552C2D.pdf
"4.3.2. Return to Active Status. Retired members may reapply for active membership with the
approval of the National Commander.
The grade upon rejoining as an active member is the same
grade held while in retirement status. Complete CAPF 12 and fingerprint card (FD Form 258).
The application will be annotated across the top "RETIRED MEMBER RETURNING TO ACTIVE
STATUS". Upon approval by the unit commander, the application and fingerprint card are
submitted, along with ACTIVE member dues, to National Headquarters/DPM. National
Headquarters will obtain the National Commander's approval prior to processing. In order to
reinstate the member at the last grade held as an active member, a copy of the CAPF 2A placing
the member in retired status (or a copy of the retirement certificate) will be attached to the CAPF
12 and forwarded to National Headquarters"

"That Others May Zoom"

Lord of the North

From CAPR 39-2
4.3.2. Return to Active Status.  Retired members may reapply for active membership with the approval of the National Commander.  The grade upon rejoining as an active member is the same grade held while in retirement status.  Complete CAPF 12 and fingerprint card (FD Form 258).  The application will be annotated across the top "RETIRED MEMBER RETURNING TO ACTIVE STATUS".  Upon approval by the unit commander, the application and fingerprint card are submitted, along with ACTIVE member dues, to National Headquarters/DPM.  National Headquarters will obtain the National Commander's approval prior to processing. 

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Lord of the North on January 16, 2019, 06:28:52 AM
From CAPR 39-2
4.3.2. Return to Active Status.  Retired members may reapply for active membership with the approval of the National Commander.  The grade upon rejoining as an active member is the same grade held while in retirement status.  Complete CAPF 12 and fingerprint card (FD Form 258).  The application will be annotated across the top "RETIRED MEMBER RETURNING TO ACTIVE STATUS".  Upon approval by the unit commander, the application and fingerprint card are submitted, along with ACTIVE member dues, to National Headquarters/DPM.  National Headquarters will obtain the National Commander's approval prior to processing.

And...more nonsense is revealed.

The applicant for reinstatement must supply proof of retirement in order for CAP to believe that s/he is retired.

Doesn't NHQ already know that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

NIN

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on January 16, 2019, 10:06:40 PM
From CAPR 39-2

The applicant for reinstatement must supply proof of retirement in order for CAP to believe that s/he is retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For members who have retired since the advent of electronic records, yes, they have that.

It is entirely possible however that someone could return to active status who retired prior to that level of record-keeping. In that case, chances are no record exists of that member's grade at retirement.

BTW, you can thank General Carr for signing off on my return. Muuhahaha! :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Chappie

Well...it is "official".  I received the signed Form 2A, a letter from Gen Smith, and a "suitable for framing" Certificate of Retirement in this morning's mail. 
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

NIN

Quote from: Chappie on January 19, 2019, 07:18:30 PM
Well...it is "official".  I received the signed Form 2A, a letter from Gen Smith, and a "suitable for framing" Certificate of Retirement in this morning's mail.

It had your name on it, right?

8)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Chappie

That it did and spelled correctly :)
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Simplex

Congrats Chappie, glad everything worked out well for you. Hope you'll continue to hang out on CapTalk we can all benefit from your wit and wisdom. Simplex, out!

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on January 16, 2019, 10:06:40 PM
From CAPR 39-2

I think the bigger question is:
"Why does this need National Commander approval?"

The National Commander doesn't approve applications at the squadron level... I mean, this seems like administrative/bureaucratic horse hockey.