New CAPP 201 (PAO Track Guide) released

Started by Panache, July 29, 2014, 09:52:05 AM

JeffDG

Quote from: NC Hokie on July 30, 2014, 06:08:08 PM
Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on July 30, 2014, 06:06:35 PM
My Wing ran at least three SAREX.

Some MSA tasks can be done at the squadron level if you are an MSA SET.

Explain how to sign one up to Mission Base. Run the NESA MSA slides. Explain how to take a log. Written exercise: everyone presents signs up everyone, or at least those two next to you. Everyone gets carded. Ask everyone to log the events happening at the meeting. Have them explain what may be needed to log air sorties and communications. Boom! Two MSA tasks done...

I already stipulated that the tasks are easy.  Mission participation opportunities are a bit harder to come by.
They shouldn't be.

Mission participation can be a simple unfunded tabletop.

Luis R. Ramos

My Wing also allows us to request a funded AF training mission online. I am sure other Wings may have that. If yours does not, request a training mission number(s) up the chain.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

lordmonar

Quote from: NC Hokie on July 30, 2014, 05:36:13 PM
I don't deny that ES experience is valuable for staff officers, but look at the following and tell me which one looks out of place:

Track (point where ES specialty training is required)

Chaplain (Senior)
Communications (Senior)
Logistics (Master)
Public Affairs (Senior)
Safety (Technician)

All of the other specialty tracks give members years to get the necessary ES ratings, but a Safety Officer has to complete one ES rating (MSA) and be enrolled in a second to complete the first rung on the PD ladder.
And?   You got 18 months from joining to get your technician rating for promotion to 1st Lt.    What's the big problem?  What's the rush?  The Powers That Be in safety said "this is what a Technician Safety Officer should look like.    Chaplain/comm/logistics/Public Affairs have different ideas for their areas of expertise.

Don't throw out "its not fair"......because it is not fair....it is not anything.   Don't want to earn two ES ratings to get your Safety Technician.....pick another specialty tract.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

NC Hokie

Quote from: lordmonar on July 30, 2014, 08:01:23 PM
Quote from: NC Hokie on July 30, 2014, 05:36:13 PM
I don't deny that ES experience is valuable for staff officers, but look at the following and tell me which one looks out of place:

Track (point where ES specialty training is required)

Chaplain (Senior)
Communications (Senior)
Logistics (Master)
Public Affairs (Senior)
Safety (Technician)

All of the other specialty tracks give members years to get the necessary ES ratings, but a Safety Officer has to complete one ES rating (MSA) and be enrolled in a second to complete the first rung on the PD ladder.
And?   You got 18 months from joining to get your technician rating for promotion to 1st Lt.    What's the big problem?  What's the rush?  The Powers That Be in safety said "this is what a Technician Safety Officer should look like.    Chaplain/comm/logistics/Public Affairs have different ideas for their areas of expertise.

Don't throw out "its not fair"......because it is not fair....it is not anything.   Don't want to earn two ES ratings to get your Safety Technician.....pick another specialty tract.

Thanks for the encouraging words.  >:(

What you quoted above was a rebuttal to JeffDG's implication that the ES requirement in the Safety specialty track is no different than the ES requirement in other specialty tracks.

I never said that it isn't fair.

I never said that it needs to be changed.

From there, the discussion focused on my perception that MSA can be difficult to complete.  Other posters helped me see that my perception was flawed, and offered constructive suggestions to get MSA mission credit.  That, IMHO, is how CAP Talk is supposed to work.

Your post, on the other hand, is a good example of why CAP Talk has such a poor reputation in the larger CAP community.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Eclipse

Quote from: NC Hokie on July 30, 2014, 09:10:40 PMYour post, on the other hand, is a good example of why CAP Talk has such a poor reputation in the larger CAP community.

The topic drift not withstanding, the "larger CAP community" needs to put on their big boy pants in that regard.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Sometimes....someone has to say "Stop your whining and move on".

To all:   I'm sorry if my response hurt anyone's feelings.  I apologies if I come across a little gruff.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Luis R. Ramos

Wow!

Never thought I would see those words from Lord...!

???

I can rest now...

>:D
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Garibaldi

*Looks outside*

Yep. There's some weird people slouching around outside, moaning about brains or something...
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things