Errors, Ambiguities & Conflicts in CAPM 39-1

Started by Pylon, November 27, 2007, 10:54:50 PM

Hawk200

Quote from: capchiro on February 26, 2008, 07:18:32 PM
Well, not to start a flame war, but presolo wings are authorized, however, there is no place to purchase cloth presolo wings.  Any possibility to rectify that??  Thanks,

You can't get glider wings either. I guess those badges are not considered "operational" enough to merit producing for the BDU.

Hawk200

Quote from: jimmydeanno on February 24, 2008, 06:24:29 AM
I remember going to an airshow in MAWG back in the late 90s.  I think I was a C/2d Lt at the time.  Anyway, we were there as a squadron separately from whatever activities MAWG was doing.  There was a group of about 5 of us (a few C/Officers and SNCOs) walking around enjoying the show and some C/A1C marches up to us and demands that we need to go check in at the workers tent.

I remember saying politely, "Airman Soandso, we aren't part of the working crew, we're just here to enjoy the show."  He replies, "I'm a First Sergeant, please call me such."  Sure enough, this C/A1C was wearing a 1st Sgt diamond.  "Well Airman Soandso, I'm a C/2d Lt, so please - address me as such."

I thought that was the most ridiculous thing I had ever seen, you know what I mean - First Airman, HA!

A cadet First Sergeant is only a First Sergeant at their own unit. That airman shouldn't have been wearing a diamond at an activity like that anyway.

mikeylikey

^ so they have to have two different sets of rank insignia??  One with the diamond, the other without it?
What's up monkeys?

Hawk200

Quote from: mikeylikey on February 27, 2008, 07:40:22 PM
^ so they have to have two different sets of rank insignia??  One with the diamond, the other without it?

I would imagine they should. Would you want all your squadron First Sergeants at an encampment wearing their diamonds? You'd probably have at least a couple, probably more. Could make for some confusion.

As far as the incident described, it's kind of a moot point. It would have involved not putting on the diamond in the first place.

jeders

I don't know if this one has been mentioned yet, but when there are pictures with descriptions underneath, some of the descriptions seem to contain the word "maybe" when the phrase "may be" is intended.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse