The proper wear of CAP ribbons

Started by AlphaSigOU, September 30, 2007, 04:37:30 PM

Cecil DP

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on October 20, 2007, 05:47:16 PM
Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on October 19, 2007, 05:02:54 PM
Does Ultrathin stock CAP and / or USCG-Aux ribbons?

Yup. The only one they don't stock right now is the new 'Blue Hornet' - aka the National Commander's Unit Citation. You will need to send 'em an NCUC ribbon for mounting. It's placed before the 'Green Weenie' (Unit Citation) but after the Certificate of Recognition for Lifesaving.

You mean the one they plagerized from the Navy Expeditionary Medal
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

vmpraie

Please advise how I can gain access to the link.  I have browsed through the postings for this topic and have been unable to open the attachment.  Thanks!

MIKE

Mike Johnston

vmpraie

Quote from: MIKE on November 09, 2007, 03:07:30 PM
Do you have Adobe Reader installed?

Yes, I even checked the Adobe website for any updates and still have not been able to access the information.  Please email me the file if you have it saved.  Much appreciated.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: vmpraie on November 09, 2007, 06:05:06 PM
Quote from: MIKE on November 09, 2007, 03:07:30 PM
Do you have Adobe Reader installed?

Yes, I even checked the Adobe website for any updates and still have not been able to access the information.  Please email me the file if you have it saved.  Much appreciated.

PM me your e-mail addy so I can send you a copy, if you haven't already gotten it from someone else.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

thp

CAP_truth

I have some ribbons award as a member of CAP that I can not even wear on my uniform because national headquarters has disconnected the wearing of them. I don't remember the RM ever doing that with awards why do we.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

mikeylikey

^ Example?  I think if you earned it, it is allowed, or at least you wear the equivalent. 

Are you talking about old ribbons, or ribbons and awards that can no longer be earned? 

I think I remember NHQ saying years ago that if you were a member, earned an award or ribbon that is no longer awardable, you can still wear as long as you have documentation as to the award. 

Maybe I am just slow on the uptake......but sure what you mean??
What's up monkeys?

Grumpy

You can wear the highest cadet ribbon awarded to you.  In this case, I believe it is your Cadet COP.  (Blue ribbon with prop and 3 horizontal lines on each side of it)  I got mine in January 1963 and I wear it.  When asked what it is I refer to it as my "old fart ribbon" because was discontinues in '63 or '64.

arajca

Quote from: thp on November 23, 2007, 01:36:42 AM
For easy checking on order of CAP ribbons:
CADETS:http://www.mer.cap.gov/ribbons/check_cdt.html
SENIORS:http://www.mer.cap.gov/ribbons/check_sr.html
For those who have military ribbons, use the following:
U.S. Decorations Ribbon Rack Builder.

Has all the services, plus US civilian awards, national Guard, and some foreign awards.

Grumpy

Quote from: Grumpy on December 08, 2007, 04:44:17 AM
You can wear the highest cadet ribbon awarded to you.  In this case, I believe it is your Cadet COP.  (Blue ribbon with prop and 3 horizontal lines on each side of it)  I got mine in January 1963 and I wear it.  When asked what it is I refer to it as my "old fart ribbon" because was discontinues in '63 or '64.

Boy, sure messed up the spelling on that!  My two fingers used to be pretty fast and accurate.

Stonewall

Simply a question, not trying to topic drift, but didn't Chuck post some other PDF guides elsewhere on CAP Talk?

Was looking at using them as a reference for some classes I'm teaching.

Hooah and thanks.
Serving since 1987.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Stonewall on December 08, 2007, 05:42:50 PM
Simply a question, not trying to topic drift, but didn't Chuck post some other PDF guides elsewhere on CAP Talk?

Was looking at using them as a reference for some classes I'm teaching.

Hooah and thanks.

If you can't find 'em in search, shoot me a PM.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

baronet68

Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

jason.pennington

Where can I find ribbon mounts that are 4 ribbons wide?

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Bear Walling

Quick question... I am just recently coming back into CAP as the Commander of a "rechartered" squadron (Or will be upon my return from Iraq. Civilian Firefighter there by stupidity). I was wondering if I can wear my Curry Achievement from when I was in before (I have been out for close to seven years)?

Also, is there like a service ribbon I can wear because of my time in Iraq?

Thanks

arajca

Curry: Can you document it? If so, yes, if not, no.

Special Service Ribbon: No.

Bear Walling

Like I said, I have been out for seven years... And I have already noticed that it is not the same CAP as it was before. But change is good.

I do not have any documentation on that. The former squadron leadership dropped the bomb when it came to paperwork (That contributed to the shutdown). But I wonder, would National HQ have anything on file regarding my paperwork from then?

SarDragon

Quote from: mfd_324 on January 20, 2008, 08:52:29 AM
Like I said, I have been out for seven years... And I have already noticed that it is not the same CAP as it was before. But change is good.

I do not have any documentation on that. The former squadron leadership dropped the bomb when it came to paperwork (That contributed to the shutdown). But I wonder, would National HQ have anything on file regarding my paperwork from then?

Only cadet milestones are tracked by NHQ, particularly back then (pre-MIMS). They might have other stuff, like join date, etc.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret