Vanguard Wing Patches

Started by audiododd, October 05, 2018, 04:07:53 AM

audiododd

Does anybody know if the wing patches Vanguard sells have the velcro backing?  I swear the last time I bought wing patches from them, they had both velcro and non-velcro ones, but nothing in the description says anything about it anymore.

Thanks,

Dodd
Dodd Martin, MSgt, CAP
MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Squadron NCO
Safety/Comm/Admin/Personnel/IT
TMP - MO - MS - MRO - MSO

SarDragon

I have never seen them with Velcro. They had a bunch at the National Conference, and they were all sew-on.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

audiododd

Shoot!  I know I bought some CAWG patches with the Velcro for my flight suit/jacket, but that was 2 years ago and now the only Velcro patches I see are the command patch and the flag.  I guess I'll have to get plain patches and some Velcro hook and get to sewing :-)
Dodd Martin, MSgt, CAP
MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Squadron NCO

Hawk200

There used to be adhesive backed Velcro that I used on patches to excellent effect. Not sure where one would find it these days.

Hawk200

Actually, found some Adhesive Velcro

Cut it to shape, stick it on the back of the patch, let it sit for a day or so, should be fine.

There was some on Amazon, too, that I found.

I very rarely sewed patches to Velcro. It's annoying.

SarDragon

Quote from: audiododd on October 05, 2018, 05:57:32 PM
Shoot!  I know I bought some CAWG patches with the Velcro for my flight suit/jacket, but that was 2 years ago and now the only Velcro patches I see are the command patch and the flag.  I guess I'll have to get plain patches and some Velcro hook and get to sewing :-)
You have my sympathy. I *HATE* sewing CAWG wing patches.

Sent using Tapatalk
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on October 06, 2018, 12:15:12 AM

Sent using Tapatalk

Which is why I was very frickin' happy when the Wing Commander made them optional on ABU's, BDU's and BBDU's.
Will never have to have that "fun" again! :clap:

audiododd

Quote from: SarDragon on October 06, 2018, 12:15:12 AM

Sent using Tapatalk

Yeah...those little winglets make it much harder than it should be. I've recently moved to AZWG and their wing patch is more "normal." Still a pain without a decent sewing machine, though.
Dodd Martin, MSgt, CAP
MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Squadron NCO

Briank

Yeah, I've got a sewing machine and I still don't do optional Wing patches simply because there isn't a velcro backed option.  What can I say, I'm lazy that way...  If they offered velcro backed, I'd have 'em!