When to hand out awards

Started by UWONGO2, September 24, 2018, 06:21:42 PM

UWONGO2

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on September 24, 2018, 08:24:23 PMWing Conferences could just as easily read off a list of award recipients or list them in a welcome packet. I understand that the banquet may seem somewhat useless if 90% of the awards have already been presented. But I don't see the logic in waiting for a special event that you want to invite everyone to in order to present a certificate when not everyone can make it or it's so far off into the future.

This is an awesome idea that I will be unabashedly stealing.

PHall

Does your wing have a monthly/quarterly newsletter/magazine? List all of the awards/promotions, cadet and senior there.

CAP_truth

Quote from: Eclipse on September 25, 2018, 02:01:22 PM
I've gotten several in high-visibility public situations, but that's balanced by never
being pinned for a promotion, nor that I can recall, re-upping my oath.  They've all
just shown up in email unceremoniously, incl Lt Col.

Sorry Eclipse I was present when you received your Lt. Col. grade was pinned and given oath.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

Eclipse

Quote from: CAP_truth on September 26, 2018, 01:45:22 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on September 25, 2018, 02:01:22 PM
I've gotten several in high-visibility public situations, but that's balanced by never
being pinned for a promotion, nor that I can recall, re-upping my oath.  They've all
just shown up in email unceremoniously, incl Lt Col.

Sorry Eclipse I was present when you received your Lt. Col. grade was pinned and given oath.

Pics or it didn't happen.

"That Others May Zoom"