Mission Scanner Certificate

Started by texasbenjamin1999, September 17, 2018, 02:48:23 PM

texasbenjamin1999

Is there a template for a mission scanner available to download? Finally earned my Air Crew Wings. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: texasbenjamin1999 on September 17, 2018, 02:48:23 PM
Finally earned my Air Crew Wings.

First of all, congratulations.

QuoteIs there a template for a mission scanner available to download?

Nothing official that I know of.

But hopefully you aren't having to make your own certificate to present to yourself?

arajca

I think I have one at home. I'll check. PM me with your email.

texasbenjamin1999

I am the squadron commander and we have certificates for everything but mission scanner. Some of them are outdated but it would be nice to have something as a keepsake especially with other members who may earn the Air  crew meeting later on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHall

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: texasbenjamin1999 on September 17, 2018, 06:19:57 PM
I am the squadron commander and we have certificates for everything but mission scanner. Some of them are outdated but it would be nice to have something as a keepsake especially with other members who may earn the Air  crew meeting later on

I can send you the template we use for this type of stuff. It's a formal-informal certificate (since it's "official" from the unit, not from CAP), but it looks good just the same.

Just give me an email addy.

Eclipse

The completion certificate for Mission Scanner, and all the rest of the ES quals
says "Specialty Qualification Card" on the second line.

If you're an adult member, it's also required to have a photo on it.

"That Others May Zoom"

LSThiker

Quote from: Eclipse on September 17, 2018, 09:09:00 PM

Citation for this?

Eclipse

Quote from: LSThiker on September 17, 2018, 09:56:59 PM

Citation for this?

Senior member (and over 18 cadets) photos have been required for about 10 years.

CAP 39-2, Page 7
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/R039_002_A74FDA9552C2D.pdf

"1.15.2. Active members, fifty year members, life members, legislative members and cadets
18 and over will receive a photo membership card. These members must upload a passport-style
photo with a plain white or off white background into their member record through eServices.

Once the photo has been validated by the unit commander, the initial membership card will be
processed. All other membership categories will receive a similar membership card without a
photo. CAP will provide one membership card free of charge each year upon joining/renewal.
Replacements for lost or stolen cards may be ordered at any time for a $3 fee. These cards may
be purchased through eServices. Membership cards are not automatically reissued when
members are promoted or transfer units; however, new cards will be provided when individuals
change categories of membership, i.e., patron to active, or cadet to active or have a change in
name. "

"That Others May Zoom"

LSThiker

Quote from: Eclipse on September 17, 2018, 10:57:17 PM
Quote from: LSThiker on September 17, 2018, 09:56:59 PM

Citation for this?

Senior member (and over 18 cadets) photos have been required for about 10 years.

That applies to the CAP membership card and does not even mention the Specialty Qualification Card. So while the system talks with it, that cite does not apply.

Eclipse

Objection: argumentative (used improperly).

Saying it "doesn't apply" is irrelevant, as the member is required to have one on file,
and the system automatically inserts it when you view or print the 101.

It is impossible to comply with the requirements for membership without having this photo on your 101.

And it is impossible to have a valid 101 without complying with the requirements for membership.

Let's argue now about 60-3 not speaking to the matter since there's no need to.

"That Others May Zoom"

LSThiker

Except that it is not impossible. I have new senior members that have cards without photos and now have 101 cards without photos. Plus cadets that turn 18 years will have 101 cards without photos. Plus for a while, I had a 101 card without a photo but had a CAP membership card with a photo. So that quote does not apply to 101 cards.

Eclipse

Quote from: LSThiker on September 18, 2018, 12:20:23 AM
Except that it is not impossible. I have new senior members that have cards without photos and now have 101 cards without photos. Plus cadets that turn 18 years will have 101 cards without photos. Plus for a while, I had a 101 card without a photo but had a CAP membership card with a photo. So that quote does not apply to 101 cards.

Then those members are not in compliance with the regulations for membership, are they?

Ergo...

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on September 18, 2018, 12:32:23 AM
Quote from: LSThiker on September 18, 2018, 12:20:23 AM

Then those members are not in compliance with the regulations for membership, are they?

Ergo...

Ergo either the reg says the picture is required on the 101 card or it doesn't. Can't have it both ways.

TheSkyHornet

So here's a question...

...if the system generates a CAP ID when membership is processed, why should the card go out before a picture is obtained?

Perhaps a photo should be taken and uploaded as part of the application process?

etodd

How do you folks get so far off topic. This was about someone wanting a little Mission Scanner Certificate.

I guess next it'll get hijacked to be a uniform thread.  ROTFL
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Eclipse

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on September 18, 2018, 01:31:01 AM
So here's a question...

...if the system generates a CAP ID when membership is processed, why should the card go out before a picture is obtained?

Perhaps a photo should be taken and uploaded as part of the application process?

I would agree 100% - no ID card w/o photo and no ID until L1 is complete.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: etodd on September 18, 2018, 01:47:55 AM
How do you folks get so far off topic. This was about someone wanting a little Mission Scanner Certificate.

I was making the point that there isn't one, nor does there need to be.

Not only do you get the updated 101, you also get wings.

"That Others May Zoom"

Nick

Quote from: Eclipse on September 17, 2018, 11:41:28 PM
Objection: argumentative (used improperly).

Saying it "doesn't apply" is irrelevant, as the member is required to have one on file,
and the system automatically inserts it when you view or print the 101.

It is impossible to comply with the requirements for membership without having this photo on your 101.

And it is impossible to have a valid 101 without complying with the requirements for membership.

Let's argue now about 60-3 not speaking to the matter since there's no need to.
He's not wrong.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus