Started by LeeWilon, September 13, 2018, 01:50:42 PM

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: SarDragon on September 19, 2018, 05:45:48 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Give the man a GOLD STAR!

And a cold beer!  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Shawn W.

You don't get gold stars for that ribon... Just bronze triagles and shiny numbers!  >:D

SarDragon

Quote from: Shawn W. on September 19, 2018, 11:55:56 PM

You don't get gold stars for that ribbon... Just bronze triangles and shiny numbers!  >:D

And my next shiny number will be a 50. Suck on that! :P
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on September 20, 2018, 12:20:33 AM

You don't get gold stars for that ribbon... Just bronze triangles and shiny numbers!  >:D

Just means you're old, old, olde!!!! >:D

OldGuy

You don't get gold stars for that ribon... Just bronze triagles and shiny numbers!  >:D
Luvs me them ribons and triagles I does.

jb512

Quote from: LSThiker on September 17, 2018, 05:44:18 PM
Quote from: PHall on September 17, 2018, 05:29:45 PM
I have a 8 year break in service and the Last Join Date in e-Services shows when I rejoined and not when I initially joined as a cadet or when I went to the dark side and became a senior.
So I'm going off of what is in my records that are in e-Services.

It depends on how NHQ inputs the information.  They are not always consistent due to a number of reasons.

We have two members that have 20-30 year breaks in service:
Member 1:  Joined the unit as a cadet back in the 1980s.  Got C/Amn and left after a year.  Joined a few years ago, NHQ had no available information on him.  He had proof of his membership back in the 80s but did not turn it into NHQ.  His join date shows 2014.

Member 2:  Was a cadet back in the early 80s, earned the Spaatz and left in 1990.  When he joined earlier this year, he sent his Spaatz, Earhart, and Mitchell certificates into NHQ.  NHQ changed his join date as 1983.  Interestingly, his Spaatz has no certificate number, so he shows as number 0.

I'm kind of in the same situation with a couple of breaks in service:

My join date says 25 May 1993, even though it shows my encampment on 01 Apr 91, orientation flight on 01 Jan 92, and my Mitchell (#0) on 01 Mar 92.

I came back in 2007 and completed level I but had to re-complete it in 2017 after a second break in service, and that is its current date in eServices. I was also reinstated as a 1st Lt but had to start my date of rank over, which prevented me from being eligible for SMSgt since I am making the switch and did not have the time in grade to make Capt first.

I called national to see if they could fix some of the dates and they acted like I was speaking another language... I couldn't begin to put together an accurate Red Service Ribbon at this point.

SarDragon

Quote from: jb512 on September 20, 2018, 01:41:38 AM

My join date says 25 May 1993, even though it shows my encampment on 01 Apr 91, orientation flight on 01 Jan 92, and my Mitchell (#0) on 01 Mar 92.

I came back in 2007 and completed level I but had to re-complete it in 2017 after a second break in service, and that is its current date in eServices. I was also reinstated as a 1st Lt but had to start my date of rank over, which prevented me from being eligible for SMSgt since I am making the switch and did not have the time in grade to make Capt first.

I called national to see if they could fix some of the dates and they acted like I was speaking another language... I couldn't begin to put together an accurate Red Service Ribbon at this point.

Basically, you have to put together any documentation you have that will verify your membership. I'm fortunate enough to have kept olde membership cards, and even canceled membership checks, so I can document every year I have been a member.

As for what "counts" for documentation, anything with your name, date, and CAP on it will work - certificates, 2a's, any kind of orders, training reports, etc. One item per membership year is enough.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jb512

Quote from: SarDragon on September 20, 2018, 03:11:01 AM
Quote from: jb512 on September 20, 2018, 01:41:38 AM

Basically, you have to put together any documentation you have that will verify your membership. I'm fortunate enough to have kept olde membership cards, and even canceled membership checks, so I can document every year I have been a member.

As for what "counts" for documentation, anything with your name, date, and CAP on it will work - certificates, 2a's, any kind of orders, training reports, etc. One item per membership year is enough.

Ah, ok, I see what you're saying. Just based on a date I can prove one year of membership at a minimum since that's what I paid for. I don't have anything from my old cadet days but with those dates from eServices and the fact that I was a C/FO I can at least show a timeline. As for my two terms on the senior side I can pretty much do the same thing.

Thank you for the advice!

Okayish Aviator

Quote from: SarDragon on September 20, 2018, 12:20:33 AM

Good lord... STOP THE CHISELS!
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.

RiChArD7032

I read through most of this thread...and nobody mentioned whether or not I can award the ribbon in eServices.  Maybe you can't and only filling out paperwork will award the ribbon to the cadet? 

Can the Commander view in eServices what ribbons a cadet has been awarded? I'm not referring to achievement ribbons, but others like community service, red service, etc.

arajca

If someone has entered the information, yes. These ribbons are not currently tracked in Eservices unless someone from the unit or the member enters them.

TheSkyHornet

Another person cannot put your Red Service Ribbon into eServices. You need to enter it under the Service Ribbons module of your profile. When you enter it, it will go up for Commander approval.

But that's not the same as having the CAPF 2A filled out.

Color Guard Rifleman

Is there a certificate for the Red Service Ribbon?
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Color Guard Rifleman on October 08, 2018, 02:32:28 PM

Nothing official that I know of.

Our unit made custom certificates to use in presenting the ribbons.

Color Guard Rifleman

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on October 08, 2018, 02:36:33 PM

Could you send me that so I may edit it for our squadron?
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Color Guard Rifleman on October 08, 2018, 03:06:44 PM
Quote from: TheSkyHornet on October 08, 2018, 02:36:33 PM

Could you send me that so I may edit it for our squadron?

I'll see what I can do. I'll have to dig it out from my old files. I know I have it somewhere.

If you want/can, go ahead and PM me a photo of your unit patch. I can attach it instead of our unit's. I tried stealing the one off your Facebook, but if you have a nice, clean PNG or JPEG, that would be better.

BraveRifles19D

According to NY Wing guidelines, the awarding authority for the Red Service Ribbon is the Group Commander. We have to fill out a 2A, have it approved by the squadron commander, who then submits it to the group commander. After it is approved by the the group commander, you can then enter it into eservices under prior service ribbons, and once the squadron commander approves the request, it will show up in eservices.

MSG Mac

It would be easier to do a Personnel Action letter than to do several 2a's
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Luis R. Ramos

I thought it would be easier, but my Group Personnel Officer insisted on individual 2a's. My squadron Personnel Officer also insisted this was never done via a Personnel Action. 

Never mind that I have about 25 years in CAP, and had seen it done before. And done it myself. However since I am no longer in positions where I can influence this...

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: BraveRifles19D on October 17, 2018, 01:00:22 AM
According to NY Wing guidelines, the awarding authority for the Red Service Ribbon is the Group Commander. We have to fill out a 2A, have it approved by the squadron commander, who then submits it to the group commander. After it is approved by the the group commander, you can then enter it into eservices under prior service ribbons, and once the squadron commander approves the request, it will show up in eservices.

What's the logic behind that?