(B)BDU insignia/nametape in this day and age

Started by BOZAR, September 07, 2018, 07:42:54 PM

BOZAR

Hey there!

For those still wearing the BDUs/BBDUS, is it authorized to wear the new navy nametapes/cloth insig? I can't find any regulation specifying it, but I've seen it done on many uniforms, and didn't know if this is official. Also, Vanguard doesn't offer the old ones anymore, so if its not authorized, is there someplace else to get tapes/cloth insignia?

I couldn't find anything on this forum, so if this has been asked before, I apologize

Thanks!

Eclipse

Yes - the BDU and CFU may be worn with either ultramarine or dark blue nametapes until June 2021.

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/CAP_Transition_to_ABUs_0138683E8BE29.pdf

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/UPDATED_ABU_wear_instruction_24_Oct_BEA8C45C7D2DD.pdf

If you need something in ultramarine there are vendors on the web that can provide tapes and
standard insignia, but probably not CAP specific badges like GTM, etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

Okayish Aviator

Quote from: Eclipse on September 07, 2018, 07:48:04 PM
Yes - the BDU and CFU may be worn with either ultramarine or dark blue nametapes until June 2021.

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/CAP_Transition_to_ABUs_0138683E8BE29.pdf

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/UPDATED_ABU_wear_instruction_24_Oct_BEA8C45C7D2DD.pdf

If you need something in ultramarine there are vendors on the web that can provide tapes and
standard insignia, but probably not CAP specific badges like GTM, etc.

After June 2021 only the new Navy tapes with silver lettering will be authorized on the BBDU.
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.

BOZAR

MSG Mac

All above are correct, but note It's All or Nothing. No mixing ultramarine with the new dark blue insignia.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

NIN

Quote from: MSG Mac on September 07, 2018, 09:44:33 PM
All above are correct, but note It's All or Nothing. No mixing ultramarine with the new dark blue insignia.

Which I've seen, and makes me *crazy*
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: NIN on September 08, 2018, 12:51:38 PM
Quote from: MSG Mac on September 07, 2018, 09:44:33 PM

Which I've seen, and makes me *crazy*

Which goes right back to the question: "Who at the home unit is addressing this?"

Picy3

I was told by our squadron that the ABU name tapes could not be used on the BDU's, but according to this they can?  Am I getting this correct?
Cadet Second Lieutenant who finally passed his Mitchell.

Rocketry badge, GTM3 badge, Solo Wings at a National Flight Academy, Encampment Cadre and two+ years of CAP in all its greatness.
DFAC - 2019 WRIII
Logistics - 2019 CFXXIV
Alpha Flight Commander - 2019 ACIV

arajca

The dark blue tapes can be used on the BDU. However, all badges and grade insignia (for senior and cadet officers) need to on the dark blue fabric as well. You cannot mix the ultramarine blue (old) with the dark blue (new) on any uniform.

Here is the transition to ABUs letter which covers it.

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Nick

Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Nick on September 10, 2018, 12:18:27 AM
Hey Darin. Command badge is crooked.

I prefer to think of it as the "Bird Droppings Badge." Because that's what it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Nick

I really can't argue with the validity of your statement.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

Eclipse

Sorry, it's still the clown from Circus-Circus.

Always has been, always will be, especially cocked to the left as it is.

"That Others May Zoom"