Female Service Coat Question

Started by NC Hokie, November 04, 2017, 08:17:25 PM

NC Hokie

My squadron has several female service coats and I'm trying to figure out which ones are the newest.  Do the newer coats have covered pockets or open pockets?
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

kwe1009

Abby.L

New female service coats also have the same pocket welt on the left breast that the men's service coat has, whereas the old style required similar accouterment measurement as the female shirt(Measure x inches from here, above this button, etc).

If it looks like a men's service coat, just with reversed front buttons(Right over left vs left over right) then it's the new style.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

hamburgee

Quote from: Levi Lockling on November 11, 2017, 02:46:06 AM
If it looks like a men's service coat, just with reversed front buttons(Right over left vs left over right) then it's the new style.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the female service coat also isn't split in the back, unlike the men's coat.

Abby.L

Quote from: hamburgee on November 11, 2017, 05:29:49 AM
Quote from: Levi Lockling on November 11, 2017, 02:46:06 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the female service coat also isn't split in the back, unlike the men's coat.
That could be true. I couldn't tell you off the top of my head.

I know the old style female is split, but I wanna say the new style female is. I can always confirm when I go to work tomorrow.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013