Security Forces Orientation question

Started by brickman, February 25, 2010, 12:15:09 AM

brickman

Does anyone know if there is a Security Forces version of the PJOC and CCOC? I am wondering because I plan to join the Air Force someday and I either want to be a PJ or in the Security Forces. I think i saw something about it on the members website, but the link was broken, so I thought I would ask here.
C/SSgt  Northeast Nebraska Comp. Squadron

Stonewall

I'm reply from my blackberry so I can't search for the SFOC link, but you do realize that SF and PJ are at complete opposite ends of the sprectrum, right?  The only thing they have in common is that they wear a beret.

One career field has a 80+% washout rate, the other maybe a 1%.

Better do some serious thinking about which one you choose to go for.
Serving since 1987.

lordmonar

Yes there was a SFOC...it was last December....I was on staff....don't know yet if there is going to be a repeat.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

TACP

Couldn't find an updated website for SFOC, but I completely agree with Stonewall. You couldn't find two goals that are further apart (besides your second choice being Cook). For PJ, if you're in High School join the swim team, and if your school doesn't have a swim team then join a gym/pool. Whatever you do make sure you SWIM. You can be a freakin PT stud when you go to basic, but if you're not comfortable in the water you WILL fail.

As for Security Forces.... you WILL pass. Biggest career field in the Air Force and nothing selective about it.

Two other Jobs to look into: Combat Control (CCT) or Tactical Air Control Party (TACP). Both combat oriented and challenging.

Stonewall

Quote from: TACP on February 25, 2010, 02:57:44 AMAs for Security Forces.... you WILL pass.

I didn't even have to go to Security Forces tech school.  I was former Infantry and had graduated a civilian police academy so they gave me a waiver.  Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoy SF, at my unit anyway.  I don't stand gates and I don't patrol like a cop.  In fact, I'd say 90% of what my unit does is exactly what I did as an Infantryman.
Serving since 1987.

Hoorah

Quote from: Stonewall on February 25, 2010, 03:18:31 AM
Quote from: TACP on February 25, 2010, 02:57:44 AMAs for Security Forces.... you WILL pass.

I didn't even have to go to Security Forces tech school.  I was former Infantry and had graduated a civilian police academy so they gave me a waiver.  Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoy SF, at my unit anyway.  I don't stand gates and I don't patrol like a cop.  In fact, I'd say 90% of what my unit does is exactly what I did as an Infantryman.
If someone wants the email I have let me know.

davidsinn

Quote from: Hoorah on February 27, 2010, 03:51:50 PM

What email?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Hoorah

Quote from: davidsinn on February 27, 2010, 04:39:08 PM

What email?
About the  SF NCSA.

davidsinn

Quote from: Hoorah on February 27, 2010, 04:40:39 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on February 27, 2010, 04:39:08 PM

What email?
About the  SF NCSA.

You should have stated that the first time instead of leaving us guessing.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

Hoorah

davidsinn

Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Hoorah

DC

Quote from: Hoorah on February 27, 2010, 06:51:51 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on February 27, 2010, 06:43:09 PM
Quote from: Hoorah on February 27, 2010, 06:37:55 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on February 27, 2010, 06:00:11 PM
About the  SF NCSA.

It isn't an NCSA.
I had the email but I think someone deleted it.

How could someone delete an email from your email account?
It was a squadron email.
They still can't delete an email out of your inbox...

lordmonar

Quote from: DC on February 28, 2010, 12:48:07 AM
Quote from: Hoorah on February 27, 2010, 06:51:51 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on February 27, 2010, 06:43:09 PM
Quote from: Hoorah on February 27, 2010, 06:37:55 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on February 27, 2010, 06:00:11 PM
About the  SF NCSA.

It isn't an NCSA.
I had the email but I think someone deleted it.

How could someone delete an email from your email account?
It was a squadron email.
They still can't delete an email out of your inbox...
It may have been a squadron account vice a personal account.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

TACP

I think this thread needs to be closed...

Dragon 3-2

sounds like the 820th to me

anybody know if Seniors would be allowed to go to this one like IACE and NBB?

Captain  Steven Smith
Aerospace Education Officer
NJ-102 Plainfield Red Falcons
Eaker #2089
2009 NJWG / NER Dragon Drill Team