Slotting Announcements

Started by captearhart, March 16, 2013, 03:15:36 PM

captearhart

I applied for COS and NBB, and last night, I was informed that I had been selected for COS, but I have nothing from NBB.  On e-services, it only shows COS; there's nothing to indicate that I had applied for NBB.  Until recently, it showed that I had applied for both, so I know my application was approved.  A friend of mine has the same thing going on; he applied for COS and NBB, but he got notification for NBB only.  E-services is showing him the same thing it's showing me.  Does anyone know what's going on?

Huey Driver

I noticed that too - It only indicated that I applied to 2 activities.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

captearhart

I would prefer to go to NBB; I plan on going to RCLS over winter break anyway.  Will I ever be notified?

dwb

I have a cadet in my Wing that applied for more activities than showed up in the final slotting list. Not sure why. I'll review the slotting of all the cadets in the Wing this weekend and E-mail NHQ on Monday. I'll report back on what they say.

Offutteer

NHQ gets lots of questions just like yours, which is why they created a web page just for Frequently Asked Questions.  It's available on the NCSAS.com web site.  You should check it out: http://www.ncsas.com/frequently-asked-questions/

dwb

Makes sense. Thanks for posting that. If a cadet was slotted for an activity, the lower-ranking activities in their preference list that overlap are removed from consideration.

captearhart

But I put NBB as my first choice, and that's what's not showing up

HGjunkie

I got two activities nixed from my app, NBB due to COS overlap and I'm assuming the other was a flight academy.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

PA Guy

Quote from: captearhart on March 16, 2013, 05:28:05 PM
But I put NBB as my first choice, and that's what's not showing up

That is because while you put NBB as your first choice you weren't selected as a primary for NBB.  You were selected as a primary for COS.  Since the dates overlap NBB was dropped.  The FAQ link listed in an earlier post answers many of these questions. If you don't want to go to COS, or anyother activity, cancel early since there are people standing in line for your slot.

Jaison009

I am not a NBB basher nor trying to; however, COS will prove much more beneficial and useful throughout life than NBB. I wish I would have been able to go COS and that serves as one of few regrets (not getting my Spaatz is the highest one)I have from my time as a cadet.

Eclipse

^ Most of the leaders here would probably agree, coupled with the fact that for many, if not most cadets, COS is a 1-time chance based on timing and
life circumstance.  You can go to NBB every year, especially if you're a senior member.

"That Others May Zoom"

Jaison009

Quote from: Eclipse on March 16, 2013, 09:15:43 PM
^ Most of the leaders here would probably agree, coupled with the fact that for many, if not most cadets, COS is a 1-time chance based on timing and
life circumstance.  You can go to NBB every year, especially if you're a senior member.

Especially when special activities were not even half of today's offerings. To me it was even more elite and prestigious than Hawk, PJOC, or even APJOC. I was with another group of cadet officers when they "checked" each other and I was one of few without one. I always regretted the timing and circumstances never working. It was hard to get from Alaska to Alabama.