Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment 2012- Command Staff Applications

Started by CAPC/officer125, January 17, 2012, 04:09:15 AM

CAPC/officer125

Greetings from: Lt. Col. B. T. Marking in Custer, SD

I've volunteered to be Encampment Commander for the 2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment.
This event will take place at Camp Grafton, near Devil's Lake, ND on July 5-15.

My background includes graduating from THE CITADEL, The Military College of South Carolina, 28 years
in the civil and foreign service, three decades of CAP command and staff experience, and the training of a
dozen cadet competition teams in the Virginia and South Dakota Wings.

The game plan this year is for each day to be an exploration of one key leadership quality, with activities
that help develop that quality. Within that framework, I'm looking for senior and cadet staff committed to
finding innovative ways to complete the required content, to finding new ways to combine fun and learning,
and to ensuring that each cadet graduates feeling that they've accomplished something they wouldn't have
thought possible at the beginning of the week.

At this point, I'm accepting applications for the following positions:

CADETS

Cadet Commander

Deputy Cadet Commander / Executive Officer

Squadron Commander (2)

Command Chief Master Sergeant

SENIORS

Deputy Encampment Commander / Executive Officer

Commandant of Cadets

We'll do CAPF-31s later. For now the process will be to send an e-mail of 500 words
or less to me at cap.rufrider@gmail.com . Tell me about your leadership experience and your
ideas for improving the encampment experience. Attach a photo of you in CAP uniform if possible.
Let's make the deadline for submission January 15th, 2012.

Please help spread the word throughout your wings, squadrons, and circle of CAP friends.
------
This is from the Facebook site. Yes, it says January 15th. The position of Command Chief has not been applied for yet. If you know anyone who will be a C/MSgt or above by June 2012, advise to look into applying. This is a great encampment and from the looks of thsoe that have applied for command staff, it is going to be even better than before.
C/LtCol Priscilla (Pat) Temaat
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff
2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment Cadet Commander