NER SLS between now and 1 March?

Started by NIN, January 08, 2008, 03:53:07 PM

NIN

I've been going thru the online calendars of my surrounding wings and haven't been able to ascertain with a degree of certainty whether or not any of them have an SLS scheduled soon, so I thought I'd ask here and see if anybody has "more up to date" information.

Looking for an SLS for two of my officers in either January or February in Maine, Vermont, Mass, Connecticut or Rhode Island.  (We had one scheduled for January and it got pushed off to March)

I have four officers closing on Captain at the same time (3 ECIAFIDL-13 completions in the last 30 days, for example), but one is lacking SLS.  We'd like to be able to promote all four of these officers at the same time (a little positive PR action) but we can't w/o SLS.

Thanks in advance...

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Pylon

Not in the states you mentioned and also not until March, but it is in NER:

From http://nywg.cap.gov/Calendar.htm:

15-16    NYW      TENTATIVE Squadron Leadership School (SLS) at 174th ANGB (Hancock) Syracuse
Cost TBD. Director is Major Tom Carello 315.445.8845, Asst Dir: Capt Judy Hewett

Central NY Group PD training is always a good time, done on a very active ANG installation with great facilities for training and food, and has the benefit of being in Syracuse.   8)

Also, according to this CAP NHQ page there is one in RIWG later this month.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

NIN

Quote from: Pylon on January 08, 2008, 04:00:12 PM
Also, according to this CAP NHQ page there is one in RIWG later this month.

Crap! Totally missed that page. Durrrrrr.... Thanks, Mike.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Capt M. Sherrod

To the best of my knowledge, MA won't be holding an SLS until some time in October as of right now.  That of course is subject to change, but it definitely won't be sooner than Mar as we will be having our Annual Conference Mar 7-9.
Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043

Phil Hirons, Jr.

RI Wing is holding SLS on 2 consecutive Saturdays 19 and 26 January. Members of NER are welcome to attend, but they should let me know ASAP at Phil@HironsSoftware.com

Maj Phil Hirons, Jr.
RI Wing Director of Professional Development

tjaxe

Possibly a dumb question...
I am in a squadron under PA wing.  Can I attend an SLS in another wing (NJ)?
Thanks!

- Tracey, Captain
Public Affairs Officer, Professional Development, Logistics: NER-PA-160

mikeylikey

^ YES!  I am guessing your out near Philadelphia?  Driving to NJ, is many times better and less expensive than driving to Harrisburg (fort indiantown gap)!
What's up monkeys?

afgeo4

Heck, you can even go to the one in Syracuse! (I have experienced their PD and it is excellent - Did my CLC)
GEORGE LURYE

tjaxe

- Tracey, Captain
Public Affairs Officer, Professional Development, Logistics: NER-PA-160

Pylon

And of course, the side benefit of taking your SLS in Syracuse is that there's lots of great people there.   ;D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

afgeo4

and don't forget SU basketball, Doug's Fish Fry, The original Dinosaur's BBQ, and... all the snow your heart could desire... even in April.
GEORGE LURYE