Main Menu

Maj. Charles I. Ingersoll

Started by ironputts, January 10, 2022, 12:12:02 AM

ironputts

January 6, 2022

Maj. Charles I. Ingersoll
Lorain County Composite Squadron
Ohio Wing

Charles 'Chuck' I. Ingersoll, 78, of Amherst, died Monday, December 20, 2021 due to a two year battle with cancer. He was born in Oberlin, May 9, 1943 to the late Charles and Georgette (nee Tudor) Ingersoll.

Chuck graduated from North Ridgeville High School in 1961 and went on to become a medic in the United States Air Force.  It is there that he developed his love of flying and earned his private pilot license.  He eventually earned many other pilot ratings and became a flying instructor. He was employed by Parker Hannifin Corporation and supervised the model shop where they built prototype pumps to be tested for their efficiency. Chuck retired in 2004 after 32 years of employment.  He continued his passion for modeling by building a half-scale F4U airplane and a 'Lucky 7' model steam engine. Chuck was a member of the Lorain County Civil Air Patrol, the North Coast Flying Club of Elyria and the Northeastern Ohio Live Steamers Club of Medina.

He is survived by his wife of 52 years, Judith; his son, Charles Robert Ingersoll of Amherst; sister and brother-in-law, Jane and Robert French of Maryland; brother, Patric Ingersoll of Elyria and his sister-in-law, Hope Ingersoll.

In addition to his parents, Chuck was preceded in death by his brother, Michael Ingersoll.
Greg Putnam, Lt. Col., CAP