Main Menu

Senior Applications

Started by Tubacap, August 10, 2007, 02:48:48 PM

Tubacap

To the wealth of knowledge.

Where do you send senior applications???

Cadet form has address on it, no such like with Senior.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

brasda91

Per 39-2, pg. 10, section 3-5, sub-section 1 & 2.

1) The applicant should complete CAPF 12 (the original to be forwarded to National Headquarters with sufficient copies to forward to intermediate headquarters as required) and a FBI fingerprint card. The completed application and fingerprint card are then turned in with appropriate membership dues to the unit commander or the commander's designated representative. A separate check or money order is required. (Unit checks will be accepted as long as there is one check per application). The check or money order should be made payable to "National Headquarters CAP."

2) Mail the approved application form (CAPF 12) and check or money order to NHQ CAP/LMMR, 105 South Hansell Street, Maxwell AFB AL 36112-6332.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Tubacap

NER-PA-001

floridacyclist

I keep a sheet of pre-printed address labels on hand to give them with their signed paperwork after we approve their membership.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

addo1

It has an address on the fingerprint cards.. :)
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

SarDragon

The address on the FD258 is inadequate, and will delay processing. As for the preprinted labels, I use them myself. I never let the member mail the application, but instead mail it myself, after making a copy of the app and the check, and entering in the suspense log.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Tubacap

NER-PA-001

jimmydeanno

Probably mean the Personnel Actions Log:

Its a place where you write what personnel action your doing that "left the squadron" so if people say "well, you didn't send it" you can say, yes I did, it was mailed on such and such a date.  It also helps keep track for you whether or not you sent it. 

For example:

NO               MEMBER                         ACTION                                   TO             DATE
0701            SM John Doe                 Membership Application            NAT/HQ          31Jan
0702            SM Jane Doe                 CAPF 11 - SLS                       NAT/HQ           01Mar
0703            Maj Ima Felon                CAPF 2b                               WING/HQ         06Jul     
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Pylon

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 20, 2007, 01:46:32 PM
Probably mean the Personnel Actions Log:

Its a place where you write what personnel action your doing that "left the squadron" so if people say "well, you didn't send it" you can say, yes I did, it was mailed on such and such a date.  It also helps keep track for you whether or not you sent it. 

For example:

NO               MEMBER                         ACTION                                   TO             DATE
0701            SM John Doe                 Membership Application            NAT/HQ          31Jan
0702            SM Jane Doe                 CAPF 11 - SLS                       NAT/HQ           01Mar
0703            Maj Ima Felon                CAPF 2b                               WING/HQ         06Jul     

Some also assign "Action Numbers" to each action recorded.  For example, you may start with 2007-001 at the beginning of the year and just list continue sequentially.  Some CAP forms leave a space in the signature/approvals section for Action #s to be recorded.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

afgeo4

My squadron just mails the application w/ check for the member. It's the least we can do.
GEORGE LURYE