UPDATE- SIMS ver 8- - Squadron Information Management System

Started by acarlson, August 10, 2007, 06:34:00 PM

acarlson

Taa Daa! 
  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
SIMS Ver 8 is online

http://www.squadroncommand.com/filemgmt/index.php

Here's some of the new features on the Senior Member side!

Member Master Record – Professional Development Tab
(New) A new table for storing and tracking Officer professional development completion requirements has been added to the SIMS Back End.mdb database.  This new table will be automatically created when SIMS performs the upgrade process.

(New) A new form has been added to the Member Master Record form to display Officer professional development information imported from the CAPWATCH database and allow input of data that is not available in CAPWATCH.

Member Master Record – Officer Progression Tab
(New)
  The new Officer Professional development input form has replaced the subforms on the Professional Development tab on the Member Master Record.  A new tab called Officer Progression has been created to contain the subforms that were previously located on the Professional Development tab.

Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown Composite Squadron 907
Doylestown PA

JC004

Major Carrales

Quote from: acarlson on August 10, 2007, 06:34:00 PM
Taa Daa! 
SIMS Ver 8 is online

http://www.squadroncommand.com/filemgmt/index.php

Here's some of the new features on the Senior Member side!

Member Master Record – Professional Development Tab
(New) A new table for storing and tracking Officer professional development completion requirements has been added to the SIMS Back End.mdb database.  This new table will be automatically created when SIMS performs the upgrade process.

(New) A new form has been added to the Member Master Record form to display Officer professional development information imported from the CAPWATCH database and allow input of data that is not available in CAPWATCH.

Member Master Record – Officer Progression Tab
(New)
  The new Officer Professional development input form has replaced the subforms on the Professional Development tab on the Member Master Record.  A new tab called Officer Progression has been created to contain the subforms that were previously located on the Professional Development tab.

OK, so how can I get in on this?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Major Carrales

Quote from: SarDragon on August 10, 2007, 07:10:36 PM
Clicky the linky under the big blue text.

OK, good thing there is some time before school start for me.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

BlackKnight

Quote from: Major Carrales on August 10, 2007, 06:45:39 PM
[OK, so how can I get in on this?

http://www.squadroncommand.com/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=125  Probably more than you wanted to know.  :)

Actually, it's not "SIMS ver 8".  The latest release is version "4.3e beta 8".    If one of your duty hats includes cadet program management, once you try SIMS you'll never want to go back to your spreadsheets and post-it notes.
Phil Boylan, Maj, CAP
DCS, Rome Composite Sqdn - GA043
http://www.romecap.org/

LtCol Hooligan

SIMS is awesome- Don't run a cadet squadron without it!!  It is user friendly and easy to use.  I just wish it had an upload function so all that data was stored at NHQ.  What a powerful tool!!
ERIK C. LUDLOW, Lt Col, CAP
Director of IT; Director of Cadet Programs
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.ndcap.us

JC004

Quote from: LtCol Hooligan on August 10, 2007, 07:30:46 PM
SIMS is awesome- Don't run a cadet squadron without it!!  It is user friendly and easy to use.  I just wish it had an upload function so all that data was stored at NHQ.  What a powerful tool!!

Ditto.

Tubacap

for backup, the foldershare program at foldershare.com works great and you don't have to think about it.  Just share the whole folder with two or three computers, and only edit on one at a time!  Works great if you have a computer somewhere that you can't access during a meeting.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

docspur

I've been using SIMS now for about 2 years...it is a great tool.  I haven't had the chance to use it for an encampment yet.  Anyone use it that way yet?

Capt DL Spurlock, Commander
NCR-MO-127 - Trail of Tears Composite Squadron

Group IV Safety Officer
Missouri Wing