cac

Started by cadetcadet, October 31, 2018, 09:00:36 PM

Color Guard Rifleman

Quote from: Eclipse on November 02, 2018, 05:23:10 PM
Quote from: Color Guard Rifleman on November 02, 2018, 05:18:12 PM
Are officers or Cadet Commander more likely to be chosen for Group CAC?

I would say on the mean, yes, but it depends on a lot of factors.  In smaller units, the Cadet Commander
is sometimes the only cadet qualified from an ability / interest perspective, and
in a perfect CAP world CAC reps are supposed to be officers.

What do they look for in a CAC representative?
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

Eclipse

Quote from: Color Guard Rifleman on November 02, 2018, 05:23:51 PM
What do they look for in a CAC representative?

Respiration and gravitational attraction in proper proportion.

i.e. Cadets willing to participate.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Are officers or Cadet Commander more likely to be chosen for Group CAC?

That's up to your Squadron and Group Commanders. The Group Commander makes the appointment usually after talking to the Squadron Commanders of the cadets applying for the position.

Vegas1972

Quote from: Eclipse on November 02, 2018, 05:04:41 PM
Quote from: Vegas1972 on November 02, 2018, 04:37:59 PM
Personally, I think they should get rid of the primary/assistant deal and have two full equal members from each unit appointed to the next echelon.

That doesn't work - their votes could cancel each other out, and units that send two would have advantages over
those that only send one. (Not that it really matters, but from a logic perspective).

I don't see their votes cancelling each other occasionally as an altogether bad thing.   It's worked (mostly) in the US Senate for a while.   And now the units that send someone have an advantage (I suppose) over units that don't send anyone (or don't have a qualified candidate).  For what its worth, as a CDC, I'd be happier with being able to open a reg and have it read the same as another and be able to apply the rules consistently across the board, whatever the scheme is. 
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.", Sgt. John M. Stryker.

Eclipse

The above raises the question as to the intention of the body in the first place.

If the intention is a general orientation on parliamentary procedure and committee work,
that's fine, and the cancelling out doesn't really matter, however if the intention is to
actually get some work done, then being able to stack a board or having a unit's reps cancel each
other out is self-defeating.

Again, most of this is all just academic anyway.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

"The assistants are holding one of the staff roles instead of the primary because they were motivated enough to run for the position..."

If this is the case, make the primary an assistant and the assistant the primary!

Other organizations when faced with a situation like this, elect the officers from the primaries.

We can say the Vice President is an alternate, or we can count him as one. We never see him in the role of the President unless the President is unable to discharge his duties. Therefore the President is the Primary. The VP, willing as he is to discharge the Presidential duties, is not allowed to do so.

CAC should not be different.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eagle11

Quote from: Capmonkey on November 02, 2018, 02:38:35 PM
As I was there, I can clear this up. The cadet in the blue cord is an assistant for his region, as the primary could not attend. The Recorder could not attend as well. There are 10 cadets total in the photo, representatives from all 8 regions (gold cords) and the Chair and Vice Chair. So to clear it up, there are EIGHT ( 8 ) cadets wearing gold cords, and one wearing blue.

I just wanted to clarify one thing. The Recorder for the NCAC was not invited to attend the first in person NCAC meeting of the 2018 term. They could have attended the in person meeting and in fact they wanted to attend. However they were told that they were not needed for the meeting.

Capmonkey

Quote from: Eagle11 on November 03, 2018, 06:27:07 AM
As I was there, I can clear this up. The cadet in the blue cord is an assistant for his region, as the primary could not attend. The Recorder could not attend as well. There are 10 cadets total in the photo, representatives from all 8 regions (gold cords) and the Chair and Vice Chair. So to clear it up, there are EIGHT ( 8 ) cadets wearing gold cords, and one wearing blue.

I just wanted to clarify one thing. The Recorder for the NCAC was not invited to attend the first in person NCAC meeting of the 2018 term. They could have attended the in person meeting and in fact they wanted to attend. However they were told that they were not needed for the meeting.

All representatives, both primary and assistant, were invited to attend. Just because it was said that they were not needed does not mean they were not invited. She was still present on conference calls held during the weekend.

PHall

Quote from: Eagle11 on November 03, 2018, 06:27:07 AM

Why would the Recorder not be needed at the in person meeting? 

Capmonkey

That was a decision made by the advisors, and the Chair and Vice Chair. Two reps volunteered to take minutes and alternated. We don't know the Recorder's situation. She may have had an event she really needed to go to. Stop speculating, guys. Maxwell is in the past, and NCAC moves on.

TheSkyHornet

Are cadet (FTFY) officers or Cadet Commander more likely to be chosen for Group CAC?

I am generally not supportive of Cadet Commanders being the one on every committee. CAC is a perfect opportunity for a Cadet Commander to encourage others to participate. It's also an opportunity for the CAC member to back-brief the Cadet Commander on discussions held at CAC during cadet staff meetings.

At PHall said, it's the Group Commander's prerogative.