Complaints against MG Courter

Started by RiverAux, April 18, 2009, 02:28:17 AM

RiverAux

While there have been statements made about this in other sites on the internet, as there wasn't anything official, it wasn't really appropriate to mention it here.  However, the Spring 2009 issue of the NH Wing newsletter had a column by the Wing Commander, Col. Davidson, that would consist of official confirmation of the issue: http://nhwgcap.org/_pao2/images/stories/abenakinewsspring2009.pdf

QuoteAlso during the board meeting, rather difficult discussions were held regarding several complaints that have been filed against our National Commander. I was very involved in the internal/closed debate on these issues and I feel comfortable that the end result of our discussions, deliberations and motions will benefit the entire organization. Meanwhile, General Courter is carrying on as she should, and is continuing to perform in an excellent manner as our National leader.

NIN

Some folks I know and trust confirmed essentially the same thing: Allegations had been laid, looked at and they've been found to be wanting.

IOW, there ain't much to see, move on.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Flying Pig

Oh here we go again.  What heinous sin could it be this time with a National CC?

USADOD

Quote from: Flying Pig on April 18, 2009, 02:44:39 AM
Oh here we go again.  What heinous sin could it be this time with a National CC?

hmmm...im curious as well ???
Jorvon Brison, SFO, CAP
DCC, Detroit 100th "Red Tails" Composite Squadron
Wright Award  #3495
Mitchell Award #54039
Earhart Award #13385

JohnKachenmeister

Since we don't know what they are, I have a GREAT idea!

Let's all speculate on what they MIGHT be.  We've never done THAT here before, have we?
Another former CAP officer

Flying Pig

I heard she got a Marine Major General kicked out of his BOQ room because she pulled seniority, and then slapped down the CAP Challenge coin and he couldnt produce.  This is gonna be ugly kids.  We are going to be wearing High School Band uniforms before this one is over. >:D

PHall

Quote from: RiverAux on April 18, 2009, 02:28:17 AM
While there have been statements made about this in other sites on the internet, as there wasn't anything official, it wasn't really appropriate to mention it here.  However, the Spring 2009 issue of the NH Wing newsletter had a column by the Wing Commander, Col. Davidson, that would consist of official confirmation of the issue: http://nhwgcap.org/_pao2/images/stories/abenakinewsspring2009.pdf

QuoteAlso during the board meeting, rather difficult discussions were held regarding several complaints that have been filed against our National Commander. I was very involved in the internal/closed debate on these issues and I feel comfortable that the end result of our discussions, deliberations and motions will benefit the entire organization. Meanwhile, General Courter is carrying on as she should, and is continuing to perform in an excellent manner as our National leader.

And you brought this up for what reason?

Major Lord

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

NIN

Quote from: Flying Pig on April 18, 2009, 02:58:23 AM
I heard she got a Marine Major General kicked out of his BOQ room because she pulled seniority, and then slapped down the CAP Challenge coin and he couldnt produce.  This is gonna be ugly kids.  We are going to be wearing High School Band uniforms before this one is over. >:D

While calling up the base motor pool for a staff car with the 2 star plate?  :)

The way I heard it, guys, was that someone had made some allegations and the BoG elected to have the IG look at the complaints.  Mind you: having the IG look at the complaints != the investigatee is even suspected of actually doing the things that its alleged were done.  Its more like dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's" to ensure that whats fair is fair. 

The complaints were looked at and there was no finding. 

Again, nothing to see, really.  Any dipstick can make an allegation.  The problem is that it really gets distracting after awhile.  Doesn't CAP have a mission that is not "complain about the National Commander?"
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

DBlair

Quote from: NIN on April 18, 2009, 03:56:02 AM
Quote from: Flying Pig on April 18, 2009, 02:58:23 AM

While calling up the base motor pool for a staff car with the 2 star plate?  :)

...and demanded to be promoted too? :)

Yea, it seems there are so many different rumors about almost any level Commander, and because of a few bad instances, everyone (members in general, not necessarily this thread/site) seems eager to find the next juicy scandal. I have no knowledge of the situation being discussed, but since I rejoined this last year, there seems to be an overwhelming hunger for Commander-related gossip... or maybe it was always there and I was out of CAP too long to remember it. lol
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Cecil DP

I'm sure that any "complaints or allegations" will be investigated. In the mean time allow Ms Courter the privacy she deserves, rather than speculating on what the unknown allegations are. The more you bring her down, the more you bring CAP down.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

JC004

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on April 18, 2009, 02:54:12 AM

Let's all speculate on what they MIGHT be.  We've never done THAT here before, have we?

Great idea, Kach!

Hey...considering I'm in FL for the next few days, could you help me take over the wing while I'm here?  Helps to have someone who knows the territory.

DBlair

Quote from: JC004 on April 18, 2009, 04:15:26 AM

Great idea, Kach!

Hey...considering I'm in FL for the next few days, could you help me take over the wing while I'm here?  Helps to have someone who knows the territory.

lol

Down here for Sun 'n Fun, I'm guessing?

JC004

Quote from: DBlair on April 18, 2009, 04:22:00 AM
lol

Down here for Sun 'n Fun, I'm guessing?

Multiple reasons.  I figured I would use Sun n' Fun as a distraction while I take things over. 

DBlair

Well, enjoy your time here in the Sunshine State! :)

Hawk200

YGBSM!

Are any of the allegations connected to HWSRN? Wouldn't surprise me.

Anyone know what the allegations are? PM me, I wouldn't want it up in public.

dwb

Quote from: NIN on April 18, 2009, 03:56:02 AMThe way I heard it, guys, was that someone had made some allegations and the BoG elected to have the IG look at the complaints.  Mind you: having the IG look at the complaints != the investigatee is even suspected of actually doing the things that its alleged were done.  Its more like dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's" to ensure that whats fair is fair.

The complaints were looked at and there was no finding.

This, by the way, is very standard IG process stuff.  If someone files a formal complaint, an IG needs to analyze the complaint.  It is during this analysis that the IG makes a preliminary determination as to whether a full-blown investigation is needed.  There are other options as well (the IG could help the complainant resolve the dispute at the lowest possible command level, the IG could dismiss the complaint, etc.)

That initial step -- the complaint analysis -- is not an investigation.  IOW, Gen Courter was not the subject of an investigation.  She was the subject of a complaint that was deemed to be unfounded.  Which is not an uncommon occurrence.  Especially if the complaint was an "I don't like this" instead of "This violates CAP regulations".

PHall

Quote from: Hawk200 on April 18, 2009, 05:06:19 AM
YGBSM!

Are any of the allegations connected to HWSRN? Wouldn't surprise me.

Anyone know what the allegations are? PM me, I wouldn't want it up in public.

Anybody who "knows" what the allegations are has been "told" by the IG to not discuss this with anyone.
This is standard procedure for IG complaint investigations.

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: JC004 on April 18, 2009, 04:15:26 AM

Great idea, Kach!

Where you at?  Drop me a PM if you will be near the Kennedy Space Center.  I will get you some free passes.

Another former CAP officer

MSgt Van

I wonder why the Col mentioned it in the newsletter at all. Just spreading seeds of speculation...