CAP Members Become Financial Liable for All Vehicle Accidents?

Started by RADIOMAN015, December 18, 2008, 02:25:02 AM

FW

Gentlemen,
CAP is entitled to collect assessed costs for damages as per the current regulations however, the process needs to be better laid out.  NHQ is taking care of this now and, with the coordination with CAP-USAF, it shall be done.  
I'm not worried about the way things will turn out.  I understand I am accountable for my actions and, if I need to pay for a mistake, I'll pay it.   To me it is just part of the core values that make up my  personality.   IMHO, it's just not a problem.

ZigZag911

My observation has been that virtually all region & wing CCs bend over backwards to be fair about assessing for damages; they are not looking to make a buck for CAP, but rather to discourage gross negligence, unsafe vehicle aircraft operation, and the like.

However, I have avoided driving CAP vans for close to ten years now; the fleet is ridiculously old, and I don't feel very well maintained.

Eclipse

Quote from: ZigZag911 on December 22, 2008, 05:33:11 AM...I don't feel very well maintained.

Maybe its your diet - try some Bran Flakes in the morning!  ;D

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Quote from: ZigZag911 on December 22, 2008, 05:33:11 AM
However, I have avoided driving CAP vans for close to ten years now; the fleet is ridiculously old, and I don't feel very well maintained.
That varies from wing to wing. You're wing LGT should be requesting replacements for old and unsafe vehicles, however, some wings don't bother with that.

ZigZag911

We did get some new vans now and again, which were usually distributed to the other end of the wing.

RiverAux

They just posted a Memo from the national commander on eservices that lays out the details of how assessments will be made.  Basically, the Regional Commander makes the decision based on the recommendation of the Wing Commander and the assessment can be appealed to the National Commander.

If you've got an Assessment against you, your membership is flagged at national and you won't be allowed to renew unless you pay it. 

No mention of any further action besides membership non-renewal if you don't pay. 

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: RiverAux on January 06, 2009, 10:38:49 PM
They just posted a Memo from the national commander on eservices that lays out the details of how assessments will be made.  Basically, the Regional Commander makes the decision based on the recommendation of the Wing Commander and the assessment can be appealed to the National Commander.

Actually the policy is specifically towards aircraft damage rather than vehicle damage.
RM

RiverAux

Yes, but we were talking about both vehicle and air assessments in this thread and it is logical to ASSume that they would follow the same protocol for ground vehicles.

arajca

You're trying to apply logic to a CAP policy. You know better...

I'm dispatching the black vans. Stay put and no one will get seriously hurt.  >:D