Now that CAP is part of the total force

Started by Yeager, September 30, 2015, 02:22:40 PM

Yeager

Just coming off from reading this thread.

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=1486.msg22148#msg22148

- At what point do we start using strictly the label USAF-AUX just like the CG AUX? Being part of the total force of the Air Force should qualify CAP to be officially called USAF-AUX. The CAP ID says on it
- Access to BX and commissaries. So we are part of the total force yet it's up to the base commander to choose whether CAP gets to go on a base? Volunteers volunteering their own time and money but yet treated differently? If the Air Force truly recognized the value and contributions of CAP, CAP members should have been treated equally just like the Active, Guard and Reserve members.
- Ranks. It is obvious that CAP ranks even though it mirrors the USAF are just given as a make belief. Once again if the Air Force valued CAP as total force, it would treat its ranks as it should be treated. We will give you captain ranks but your captain rank is only valid in your organization. But Active, Guard, Reserve, your ranks are valid throughout the military chain of command and even with the Army, Navy, Marines and CG. Is this a joke? Even CG AUX have true ranks and a true ID to access bases.

Think objectively, is CAP really treated fairly compared to the CG AUX? the AF Leadership should stop giving CAP the make belief 3 year old treatment. If you know that CAP performs all these duties and is now part of the total force, stop treating CAP members like the forgotten step child when it comes to privileges.

It's a rant but I'm sure many have thought the same way. Long Live the USAF-AUX

jeders

Quote from: Yeager on September 30, 2015, 02:22:40 PM

- At what point do we start using strictly the label USAF-AUX just like the CG AUX?
We won't because that's not who we are.

Being part of the total force of the Air Force should qualify CAP to be officially called USAF-AUX. The CAP ID says on it
The ID also says Civil Air Patrol. CAP is who we are, USAF Aux is what we do.

Quote- Access to BX and commissaries. So we are part of the total force yet it's up to the base commander to choose whether CAP gets to go on a base? Volunteers volunteering their own time and money but yet treated differently? If the Air Force truly recognized the value and contributions of CAP, CAP members should have been treated equally just like the Active, Guard and Reserve members.
- Ranks. It is obvious that CAP ranks even though it mirrors the USAF are just given as a make belief. Once again if the Air Force valued CAP as total force, it would treat its ranks as it should be treated. We will give you captain ranks but your captain rank is only valid in your organization. But Active, Guard, Reserve, your ranks are valid throughout the military chain of command and even with the Army, Navy, Marines and CG. Is this a joke? Even CG AUX have true ranks and a true ID to access bases.
Yes, and when are we going to sign contracts with the government to serve? When are we going to be subject to the UCMJ? When are we going to be thrown in jail for failing to perform our duties or even show up? When are we going to deploy with all the others to war zones (actually, there are probably a few people that would be in favor of that one)?

QuoteThink objectively, is CAP really treated fairly compared to the CG AUX? the AF Leadership should stop giving CAP the make belief 3 year old treatment. If you know that CAP performs all these duties and is now part of the total force, stop treating CAP members like the forgotten step child when it comes to privileges.
First off, we're not anything like the CG Aux, so that's a pointless comparison. Also, the CG aux rank doesn't get recognized throughout the military structure. CG Aux personnel aren't afforded all the benefits of the active duty guys. CG Aux doesn't exist outside of the CG; CG Aux is who they are, not just what they do.

Oh great and powerful mods, can we lock this preemptively, please.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

THRAWN

Quote from: Yeager on September 30, 2015, 02:22:40 PM

- At what point do we start using strictly the label USAF-AUX just like the CG AUX? Being part of the total force of the Air Force should qualify CAP to be officially called USAF-AUX. The CAP ID says on it
- Access to BX and commissaries. So we are part of the total force yet it's up to the base commander to choose whether CAP gets to go on a base? Volunteers volunteering their own time and money but yet treated differently? If the Air Force truly recognized the value and contributions of CAP, CAP members should have been treated equally just like the Active, Guard and Reserve members.

Think objectively, is CAP really treated fairly compared to the CG AUX? the AF Leadership should stop giving CAP the make belief 3 year old treatment. If you know that CAP performs all these duties and is now part of the total force, stop treating CAP members like the forgotten step child when it comes to privileges.

It's a rant but I'm sure many have thought the same way. Long Live the USAF-AUX

So over hearing this bilge, but I'll play along.

1. It's used when on assigned mission, in accordance with the law. Read that and the CAP Constitution and By-Laws.
2. BX and commisary access is another thing that's controlled by law. Want to buy stuff at Class 6? Enlist. You're  not a military member. This has been beaten to death. Use the search function at the top for more detailed info.
3. CG Aux do not have ranks that mean JS outside their flotilla or division or organization as a whole. When they do CG work, they are called Auxiliarist, not "commander" or "lieutenant". Again, covered ad nauseum. Your captain rank indicated that you're a CAP captain. If you want federal recognition, I'd suggest contacting a recruiter.

CAP members get plenty of recognition from the DAF.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

winterg

Since this is the first post by Yeager and appears to be intentionally inflammatory, I'm guessing obvious troll. With sentiments like this, I can only pray that they are not in a position to mentor cadets or newer members.

Yeager

Quote from: winterg on September 30, 2015, 02:40:50 PM
Since this is the first post by Yeager and appears to be intentionally inflammatory, I'm guessing obvious troll. With sentiments like this, I can only pray that they are not in a position to mentor cadets or newer members.

If you think this is inflammatory, then you definitely can't distinguish between a true concern to trolling. So I so wish that you're not in any position to be teaching cadets leadership.

Speaking one's mind should not be considered as inflammatory. There is an element of truth known by all in what I have said. Now get off your high horses and I meant that in a respectful way.

winterg

Yeager. I stand by my statement. Your post displayed a serious lack of understanding of the nature of CAP and basically demanded that we get the same treatment as active, guard, and reserve Air Force. The tone and content were rather insulting to the tribute paid to us by the Air Force as if their including us was not enough for you. 

Yeager

I do think it's useless to bring any good points since the habitual offenders who push CAP as a forgotten step child are in full force. A debate cannot be had. Equality in treatment is what CAP deserves.

Yeager

Quote from: winterg on September 30, 2015, 02:58:54 PM
Yeager. I stand by my statement. Your post displayed a serious lack of understanding of the nature of CAP and basically demanded that we get the same treatment as active, guard, and reserve Air Force. The tone and content were rather insulting to the tribute paid to us by the Air Force as if their including us was not enough for you.

If CAP stems from the AF even by using the same ranks, why then should CAP even be allowed to use rank that are exactly like the USAF but have no value anywhere else? Just call everyone either a cadet or senior member.

winterg

Quote from: Yeager on September 30, 2015, 03:01:02 PM
I do think it's useless to bring any good points since the habitual offenders who push CAP as a forgotten step child are in full force. A debate cannot be had. Equality in treatment is what CAP deserves.
Your points are completely invalid. We obviously are not a forgotten step child since the AF publicly acknowledged our inclusion.  And why would we ever receive equal benefits when we do not provide equal service.  What you want is the same benefits for less commitment. 

winterg

Quote from: Yeager on September 30, 2015, 03:03:49 PM

If CAP stems from the AF even by using the same ranks, why then should CAP even be allowed to use rank that are exactly like the USAF but have no value anywhere else? Just call everyone either a cadet or senior member.
So if you can't have it your way, just take it all away.  Haha. Good day Yeager. I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

THRAWN

Can you read? See my responses to your semiliterate initial post and do your homework. All of your "concerns" have been addressed before. Take some time to educate your self before you ramble on about the lack of "inclusion". Remember, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt."

And are you in MA or MS? Can't decide?
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Yeager

Quote from: winterg on September 30, 2015, 03:06:07 PM
Quote from: Yeager on September 30, 2015, 03:03:49 PM

So if you can't have it your way, just take it all away.  Haha. Good day Yeager. I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

like I said. The habitual offenders have spoken.

Yeager

Quote from: THRAWN on September 30, 2015, 03:15:01 PM
Can you read? See my responses to your semiliterate initial post and do your homework. All of your "concerns" have been addressed before. Take some time to educate your self before you ramble on about the lack of "inclusion". Remember, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt."

And are you in MA or MS? Can't decide?

I so think that you should take your own advice on this one. You just proved it. It's MS. I already have a fan club who is following me. Nice.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

TheSkyHornet

abdsp51

According to Urban Dictionary you are a troll.

troll

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Troll posts in guise of rant demanding items not entitled
Troll gets called out on post
Troll responds with schoolyard antics

Troll's post is overall invalidated and Troll can't accept the fact it is.   

If Troll wants DOD priveleges troll can marry into DOD or raise his/her right hand, swear the oath of enlistment and obtain the appropriate credentials.

Until then Troll needs to go hide and reedumacate him/herself on the entirety of Total Force Concept and how it applies to the org.

insertcallsignhere

It just so happens that individuals who find it necessary to complain about CAP member access to installations have no business frequenting one themselves.

jeders

I reiterate...

Quote from: jeders on September 30, 2015, 02:34:38 PM
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Nuke52

Quote from: jeders on October 01, 2015, 02:35:28 PM
I reiterate...

Not a big fan of free speech, eh?

The best way to deal with TROLLS is to ignore them.  If you don't feed the TROLL s/he will find some other forum to bother...
Lt Col
Wilson Awd

jeders

Quote from: Nuke52 on October 01, 2015, 03:35:53 PM
Quote from: jeders on October 01, 2015, 02:35:28 PM
I reiterate...

Not a big fan of free speech, eh?

The best way to deal with TROLLS is to ignore them.  If you don't feed the TROLL s/he will find some other forum to bother...

I'm a big fan of free speech, but that's not the point. The point is that no good can come from this thread.