Main Menu

General Pineda and USCAP

Started by Heavy Flying Guy, August 16, 2014, 07:25:50 AM

lordmonar

Quote from: Chappie on August 17, 2014, 02:37:13 PM
Quote from: FuturePilot5479 on August 16, 2014, 07:25:50 AM
I've been a cadet for little more than a year, and I've started looking into CAP's more recent history. Who was Maj Gen Pineda and why was he removed from command, stripped of rank and 2B'd? Also, what was the objective of the Corporate Uniform, U.S. Civil Air Patrol tapes, and the like? I'm just curious.

<begin scroll> "A long time ago, in a galaxy, far, far away...." <end scroll>

Snipping a portion from "A Tale of Two Cities": "...it was the worst of times."

Quoting Forrest Gump: "And that is all I have to say about that."
Now....that was an adventure.    :)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Seriously, how long has the search CAPTalk search function and Google been down?

http://captalk.net/index.php?action=search2

http://bit.ly/YlGEZP

There's Eleventy-Twelveteen threads on HWSRN, Wikipedia mentions, CAPBlog story, not to mention
all the hits on his name via Google.

"That Others May Zoom"

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: FW on August 17, 2014, 05:05:52 PM
Rex had his membership reinstated in 2007. Unfortunately, it turned out he was not so innocent as he claimed. He resigned soon after the full truth was found.  Life is not always so simple.

Exactly what truth was that? Last I knew he was still a member albeit inactive.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

LSThiker

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on August 28, 2014, 01:24:32 AM

No, he is no longer a member according to eServices.

a2capt

Devil Doc

Is there a Wika on this Glasgow Fella?
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

FW

Quote from: LSThiker on August 28, 2014, 03:17:23 AM
Quote from: Johnny Yuma on August 28, 2014, 01:24:32 AM

No, he is no longer a member according to eServices.

As I remember, Rex was reinstated as a Patron member in late 2007.  He became active in 2008, and transfered to NCR.  At that time, I understand he promised to perform certain requirements before Gen Courter would bring up the subject of having the NEC consider reinstating his grade  (to Col). 

Those requirements were not performed.  As a result, Mr. Glasgow was not promoted.  He did not renew his membership.

LSThiker

Quote from: FW on August 28, 2014, 01:48:22 PM

As I remember, Rex was reinstated as a Patron member in late 2007.  He became active in 2008, and transfered to NCR.  At that time, I understand he promised to perform certain requirements before Gen Courter would bring up the subject of having the NEC consider reinstating his grade  (to Col). 

Those requirements were not performed.  As a result, Mr. Glasgow was not promoted.  He did not renew his membership.

Do not know about the Gen Courter thing, but yes.  He rejoined in 2007, became an NCR member in 2008, then promptly left after that.  Why he left, I never heard the story.  But to address Johnny Yuma, Rex Glasgow is no longer a member in CAP.

Devil Doc

I Just wonder how could such a bad thing happen in CAP. I mean "Fat Tony" is still proclaiming his innocence, but he couldnt receive what he dished out. But I Digress....
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Eclipse

Quote from: Devil Doc on August 28, 2014, 06:03:08 PM
I Just wonder how could such a bad thing happen in CAP. I mean "Fat Tony" is still proclaiming his innocence, but he couldnt receive what he dished out. But I Digress....

His situation should have been addressed before he ever got his first eagle, but as I've whined about a lot lately,
when the leadership feels compelled or at least empowered to look the other way when things which are obviously an issue
are brought to their attention, people move from empowered to emboldened.  In those situations, "good actors" tend
to flourish, and "bad actors" can get themselves hip deep in trouble before anyone takes action (or even notice).

Hindsight is also 20/20, but with that said his tenure are a "leader" both at the Wing and Region level
was tinged with complaints and questionable decisions for years before he ascended to a star.

"That Others May Zoom"

Private Investigator

After his first tour of duty as FL Wing King he got a second? Plenty of warning flags but as history has shown. A lack of moral courage always sets up a "EPIC FAIL" scenario. JMHO YMMV  8)

sarmed1

As I have seen in quite a  few volunteer organization, no one really rocks the boat when they are living the high life; and those that sang the praises of TP, were rewarded.  Those that had the courage to rock the boat were quickly thrown over the side and branded as trouble makers and generally discredited; and who listens to discredited former memebrs......

It really is pretty easy for peole like him to rise realatively un-apposed in an organization like CAP

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

The CyBorg is destroyed

I actually met him once at a Wing conference banquet, for about 30 seconds.  l had a latrine call that was far more urgent so I just said, "good to talk to you, Sir," and was on my way.

I was out of CAP when all the fit hit the shan about him, so I could observe it with a bit of semi-detachment.

It is unfortunately all too easy within the GOBN for someone like him to have the rails to power greased.  Even more unfortunately, it could happen again.

I never quite understood the "HWSNBN" shtick here on CT, unless it is to avoid being libellous.

Unfortunately, the one GOOD thing he came up with, the CSU, he went entirely the wrong way about introducing it, and now we don't have it any more, nor are the NUC likely to propose any changes to the status quo thanks to that.

All in all, I can think of a lot more notable personages I have met that I will remember more fondly than the erstwhile Generalissimo...Marina Sirtis of Star Trek: The Next Generation being foremost. :P

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Flying Pig

did he have his body guards with him?

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Chappie

Wasn't aware that they filmed the meeting of the BOG when that went down :)
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Storm Chaser

Quote from: CyBorg on August 30, 2014, 03:53:26 PM
Unfortunately, the one GOOD thing he came up with, the CSU, he went entirely the wrong way about introducing it, and now we don't have it any more, nor are the NUC likely to propose any changes to the status quo thanks to that.

Cyborg, how do you really feel about the CSU? >:D

flyboy53

I met him, too, at a NER Conference. Not really impressed.

What always amazed me about this sad chapter in our history was how this certain former national commander went on afterward to form the U.S. Ranger Corps and give himself a third star.

Not sure if that group even exists any more.

Guess I wish that we as an organization or membership can get beyond this series of incidents. What a learning experience. Every day from that period forward is a step in the right direction.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Storm Chaser on September 02, 2014, 09:18:05 PM
Cyborg, how do you really feel about the CSU? >:D

Direct inverse proportion to how I feel about the current "corporate" kit...actually, my feelings are stronger about the way it was taken from us, when it was (generally) quite popular.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011