Good Bye & Good Luck

Started by Cliff_Chambliss, July 30, 2014, 01:47:30 PM

Tim Medeiros

TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Shuman 14

Quote from: catrulz on July 31, 2014, 08:52:34 PM
I was in an SDF until recently, that thought morale suffered because the TAG wouldn't allow us to wear ACU's.  When I walked around during AT, I didn't see any evidence of this poor morale.  I saw motivated soldiers in obsolete but sharply worn uniforms, that acted professionally.  And the politics were minimal, communication was good.  But the entire force was like minded, there wasn't differing opinions on the mission or levels of participation.  There was pride from performing well and to a standard.  I can't swallow that uniforms (or lack of a proper uniform) are causing the current issues in this organization.  Yes it could be different, maybe better, but it works now (and yes I wear the corporate uniform not the Air Force).

When you join the military or the NG/reserves or a SDF, you know you are joining a military organization.  Everyone practices customs and courtesies, everyone uses proper forms of address, everyone wears the same uniform the same way.  The regulations are adhered too, and there is discipline.  But the mind set is incorporated into the overall structure and culture of the organization.  You are not regular Army, you are not National Guard, but you try and perform to the Army standard.

CAP's identity crisis stems from having SM's that are looking at the program from 360 different directions.  If I a SM that's in supporting my cadet son/daughter, I get assigned personnel, I'm not properly supervised, I don't bother to read the regulations.  What is going to happen, do you suppose?  Or I'm a pilot with 1000 hours on Cessna 172's, brand new in CAP though, obviously I can just climb into a CAP aircraft and start flying SAR right?

Yes, but everyone in in your SDF are in the SAME uniform, not skinny guys/gals in ACUs and fluffy guys/gals in BDUs.

SDFs are different from the ARNG, and if your TAG directs for the SDF to be in a different uniform... so be it. But he didn't set up a second class status WITHIN the organization itself.

See the difference.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Shuman 14

Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Eclipse

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on August 01, 2014, 03:05:36 PM
I'm just going to leave this here, since obviously some people don't know about it.

http://www.capmembers.com/file.cfm/media/blogs/documents/20142015_CAP_STRATEGIC_PLAN_C5FF6C3147C15.pdf

Yep - pretty much equal to the CAC Pamphlet - lots of rehtoric and management speak, few details.  This checked someone's box.

Considering it has a date of May 2014, someone should have reviewed it for accuracy.  As an example, CAP hasn't had "1500+ units"
in probably a decade, nor has it had "60,000+" members since sometime in 2004.  Someone did a lot of cutting and pasting to create this
and no one bothered to read it.  Glaring errors like that put the entire document in question.

At best this is a framework.  A "plan" requires resources, timelines, and deliverables.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

razgrizraven

In fact myself, CAP has gotten on the nerves. I've been spied, and lied on. My commanders above me have performed so many unethical actions (Literally through the book out the window and act against policy as well as competence), and what do I have to show for it, nothing. I did all I could do with my messed situations. I will probably earn my beret, ranger tape, and 1st Lieutenant. Wright Brothers #21,138.

JeffDG

Quote from: razgrizraven on August 04, 2014, 04:07:51 PM
In fact myself, CAP has gotten on the nerves. I've been spied, and lied on. My commanders above me have performed so many unethical actions (Literally through the book out the window and act against policy as well as competence), and what do I have to show for it, nothing. I did all I could do with my messed situations. I will probably earn my beret, ranger tape, and 1st Lieutenant. Wright Brothers #21,138.

Those are some pretty serious allegations you're throwing around there.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: JeffDG on August 04, 2014, 04:18:23 PM
Those are some pretty serious allegations you're throwing around there.

Not to mention potentially libellous.

Cadet, you are young.  There is a lot to learn about the world in general - not just CAP - and at almost 50 years old I realise that the older I get, the less I know.

However, one thing I know from experience, as well as 15+ years as an IT, that nothing you post in cyberspace is private.

There are ways that those in the IT field can find out who you are...believe me, it is not hard...and CAP does have IT professionals.

I am not trying to scare you.  I am telling you, old guy to young person and Captain to Cadet, to take care with what you say here on CT.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011