Main Menu

Application Done?

Started by KirkF22, July 13, 2012, 07:49:50 PM

SarDragon

FWIW, SER-FL-152 is North Palm Beach County Cadet Squadron.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

KirkF22

Thank everyone. And don't worry, I'm not going to buy anything until I make sure my squadron doesn't have anything extra or if cadets can give me anything. Thank you everyone for all the information. I'll let you guys know how the meeting went tomorrow night.

KirkF22

Well i had my first meeting tonight. It wasnt what i was expecting but im guessing it was because it was PT night and it was raining. But i got a one on one with a Senior Captain member. I already knew him because he is a family friend. He gave me the run down about CAP and he said its the greatest organization in the world. Im looking forward to the next couple of meeting to see what else goes on.

I have one more question thought. You you lose your privilege of taking o-rides once you turn 18 or it it once you are a senior member. Because the squadron leader was saying that after september there wont be any o-rides until 2013. And im already 16 and will be 17 before next summer and i dont want to miss out on this opportunity.

SarDragon

The cutoff for cadet O-flights is 18.

I don't understand how he can definitively say that there will be delay in O-flight funding in the new fiscal year. Yes, it has happened in the past, but  there is no certainty that it will happen again, or when the funding will be cut loose, if there is a delay.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

spacecommand

As you can see, the purpose of attending meetings before you join is to see if that unit or CAP in general is the right fit for you or not.  There are times I've seen that someones image of CAP isn't really how it was in reality.  You get a overview of the squadron by attending more than one meeting.

18 is the cut off age for O-Flights, however starting at 18 you can begin training as an aircrew member (eg Mission Scanner and Mission Observer) so opportunities still exist after 18.

Woodsy

Quote from: SarDragon on July 17, 2012, 04:28:13 AM
The cutoff for cadet O-flights is 18.

I don't understand how he can definitively say that there will be delay in O-flight funding in the new fiscal year. Yes, it has happened in the past, but  there is no certainty that it will happen again, or when the funding will be cut loose, if there is a delay.

I believe in this particular situation it is a airframe relocation issue, not a funding issue. 

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret