Not Really a New Subject

Started by West MI-CAP-Ret, March 18, 2019, 04:18:18 PM

West MI-CAP-Ret

I know once upon a time, there were instructions on how to add pictures/ribbons to our signature blocks.  I can't find that particular question and answer blog posting (when I read the first time, I followed the directions and successfully added my ribbons, etc).

I wanted to just write the moderator of this site, but I've been going around in loops (my fault).  So, can someone send me a link how to add images to our signature?  BTW, I do remember you had to have an external, 3rd party web hosting site to do this, so I successfully created a profile with Photobucket, It would be great if instructions could be as simple as my dear 85 year old mother could follow (well, perhaps not that simple).
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

NIN

You have to have a 3rd party host. Let me dig up the instructions.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

N6RVT

Can people please stop creating new threads with subjects like this?

jeders

Quote from: Dwight Dutton on March 18, 2019, 05:12:26 PM

To be fair, this is the Forum Support section, which is specifically for asking questions like this one. Also, the last time this question was asked in this section was nearly two years ago, but the definitive best answer was more than a decade ago. So let's cut him some slack.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

N6RVT

Quote from: jeders on March 18, 2019, 05:32:49 PM

To be fair, this is the Forum Support section, which is specifically for asking questions like this one. Also, the last time this question was asked in this section was nearly two years ago, but the definitive best answer was more than a decade ago. So let's cut him some slack.
I wasn't criticizing the question itself, jut the title.  "Not Really a New Subject" gives no indication at all as to what the thread is about.

West MI-CAP-Ret

Quote from: jeders on March 18, 2019, 05:32:49 PM

Thanks for the support.  I've seen the before mentioned email titles, so I thought I'd be able to find it.  I honestly looks for almost an hour.  Out of frustration, I asked the question with the subject line that acknowledged I knew it wasn't a new subject.  Having said that, is there a way to create a "how-to" page that never gets lost under hundreds of subjects emails?  In fact, wouldn't be great that every new member gets this information automatically emailed to them as part of joining?  Just 'spit-balling' here.

On a much brighter note, it's an apsolutely beautiful day out here in Western Michigan's lakeshore. Still, a little too cool for my liking (34o), but there's not a cloud in the sky.  Think I'll take my two labs, which are sleeping at my feet as I speak, for a nice walk while I listen to podcasts on my iPhone.

Have a great day!

Dave D'Arcy
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)