CAP to the Bahamas for Hurricane Dorian Response

Started by etodd, September 17, 2019, 02:10:33 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: arajca on September 20, 2019, 08:03:36 PM...part of is getting rid of the crap.

Which, in defense of the Wing Museum Curators, sometimes becomes enough of a PITA that it exceeds
a reasonable attention span.

Getting obsolete laptops and similar removed from the books can take months, despite the fact that the equipment is
long since disposed of and documented.

And in the meantime, if you have an SUI or CI, and a less then com...knowledgeable inspector, you might wind up with a finding
regarding missing equipment.  PITA sandwich.

"That Others May Zoom"

etodd

Quote from: Eclipse on September 20, 2019, 08:23:46 PM
Quote from: arajca on September 20, 2019, 08:03:36 PM...part of is getting rid of the crap.

Which, in defense of the Wing Museum Curators, sometimes becomes enough of a PITA that it exceeds

Getting obsolete laptops and similar removed from the books can take months, despite the fact that the equipment is

And in the meantime, if you have an SUI or CI, and a less then com...knowledgeable inspector, you might wind up with a finding

I talk often about how I like just working in the trenches in order to not have to worry about stuff like that.  But I really do appreciate those above who are dedicated to the cause enough, to deal with all these things. Everyone from the top to the bottom has their jobs to do, and we all depend on each other. Thanks!
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

arajca

Quote from: Eclipse on September 20, 2019, 08:23:46 PM

National is getting much faster at completing retirements - the last few took them one-two days.

QuoteAnd in the meantime, if you have an SUI or CI, and a less then com...knowledgeable inspector, you might wind up with a finding
That's why you keep the location field up to date. "Turned in to **** for disposal" with "Waiting for National to complete retirement process" in the comments field. CYA management.

Eclipse

To the first point, if this is a recent development, it's a welcome, my last round was earlier this year,
as to the second point, 100% right, makes perfect sense, and yet...

"That Others May Zoom"