I love that Little Lper...

Started by Ozzy, August 09, 2019, 04:32:50 AM

Ozzy

Not really trying to brag but I gotta say I do love that little cheese block Lper.

We were on a mission tonight and we were able to find the ELT within about 20 minutes of getting to the mission area, and within 10 minutes of getting to the coordinates (Went to do a quick drive-by ramp check first). It actually took us longer to drive there then it did to do the search. And while I did have the two cadets with us get out to try to determine the direction a few times, what really did the work was having the cadets watch the signal strength go up or down, and listening to how clear the signal was coming through.

The other team... well they had about a 45 minute head start to us in the area and they were still trying to triangulate with the old sticks.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Spam

Your team got as much of a head start as humanly possible, pal! Within a minute of the RCC call!

Nice quick work... Thats two nights in a row. Hopefully no missions tomorrow.

Vr
Spam

SarDragon

There will always be contention over the relative performance of the two units. Some love the cheese block, others hate it. The reverse also applies.

Sent using Tapatalk

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

CAP9907

I'm a huge fan of a handheld scanner and body-blocking, but that's just me.

~9907
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

Ozzy

Quote from: Spam on August 09, 2019, 05:08:51 AM
Your team got as much of a head start as humanly possible, pal! Within a minute of the RCC call!

I dont get the Wing alerts so I only get informed from the squadron mass texts. The only other way to have been quicker (At least getting the team together) was if it was a squadron meeting night, which it was for the other ground team.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

husker

I like the new one as well.  From a training perspective, we have far more success teaching the new style at our national school.  When we used the old stick LPers, our pass rate for O-0302 was around 75% - now with the new cheese blocks, it is close to 95% every week.  We've probably had 1000 or more GTM3 students pass through Basic GSAR since we've switched.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov