Main Menu

Technician Rating-Safety

Started by dhon27, March 10, 2008, 12:54:13 AM

dhon27

Here's a question: I was under the impression that a Technician rating for Safety is awarded similar to Tech ratings in other specialty tracks (except for MLO), i.e. once you complete the requirements under the applicable pamphlet, enter approval under the Senior Member Specialty Track application on EServices.  That person is then authorized to wear the appropriate specialty badge.

However, CAPR 62-1, Attachment 2 seems to set forth a different procedure, requiring Region approval before one can wear the Safety Badge.  By extension, it would appear that Region approval is required before one can receive the Technician rating.  The requirements in the attachment to CAPR 62-1 are not referenced in the Pamphlet.  Since the Region approval requirements, etc, are set forth in the reg, and since the reg is more recent, that should trump the Pamphlet requirements.  Since I haven't heard of the regulatory requirements before, I am wondering how other units are handling awarding the Tech rating in Safety.

smj58501

When I completed the requirements, and followed "the procedure" as you describe (if , I received replies back that basically indicated "great, good work, we are proud of you.... but all you need to do is go buy the badge and wear it".

Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP

Ah, how I remember this delima.  I just went through it for awhile myself.  Here's what to do, show all the stuff to your Wing SE, once he's says you're ok have your Unit CC get on E-services and approve you. That's what I did, and now I have my badge.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO