Main Menu

It's finally here!

Started by Storm Chaser, December 31, 2013, 06:25:47 PM

GroundHawg

I wear one of these daily in OD. I'm thinking this in black would be really nice with the BBDU.

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/601_fleece_jacket.aspx

Storm Chaser

Quote from: SarDragon on February 02, 2014, 08:46:14 AM
Quote from: Panache on February 02, 2014, 08:39:23 AM
Well, it's now been two months since the draft 39-1 has been released....

Thirty two days does not two months make. The release date was 12/31/13.

Patience, grasshopper.

After all the feedback they've received (I know I submitted several), I hope they issue a second draft soon so that we can wrap up this process and finally get our new uniform manual (in my opinion this should be an instruction or regulation, not a manual). I hope this second draft have all the pictures/graphics, so that we can review and comment on those as well.

ol'fido

Quote from: Storm Chaser on February 02, 2014, 08:54:01 PM

Patience, grasshopper.

After all the feedback they've received (I know I submitted several), I hope they issue a second draft soon so that we can wrap up this process and finally get our new uniform manual (in my opinion this should be an instruction or regulation, not a manual). I hope this second draft have all the pictures/graphics, so that we can review and comment on those as well.
I think having it as a manual is just fine. I, however, am a traditionalist. I like the old style of manual and reg writing. This AF style with the 1.2.3.4. stuff looks just goofy to me.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Luis R. Ramos

I think I liked the style you mentioned as well. I think it was easier to read than the new way. The 1.2.3.4 way looks unbalanced, and well, sort of... goofy.

:P

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

VNY

Quote from: GroundHawg on February 02, 2014, 02:12:54 PMI wear one of these daily in OD. I'm thinking this in black would be really nice with the BBDU.
http://www.condoroutdoor.com/601_fleece_jacket.aspx

I`m surprised nobody has mentioned this - but on the majority of the potential "black fleeces" I've seen there are pockets right where the manual says to sew on insignia.

SarDragon

Quote from: Panache on February 02, 2014, 08:54:30 AM

My dog says it's been seven and a half months...

That first version was not an "official" draft, and was not formally presented for comment.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

Not formally, no. Just a big juicy link smack in your face on eServices.

Panache

Quote from: SarDragon on February 03, 2014, 04:03:27 AM
That first version was not an "official" draft, and was not formally presented for comment.

QuoteCAPM 39-1, Uniforms, Draft for Comment
QuoteThe draft CAPM 39-1 is available for comment as promised.

NHQ disagrees with your assessment.

ralovick

I would like to suggest that we return to wearing CAP on the left collar as it was before 2005.

This would be in recognition of our heritage of being originally attached to the Army Air Corps / Army Air Forces. The Army wears the Insignia of branch on the left collar and would also serve to trigger a discussion of our heritage.

LSThiker

Quote from: ralovick on February 03, 2014, 11:22:59 AM
I would like to suggest that we return to wearing CAP on the left collar as it was before 2005.

This would be in recognition of our heritage of being originally attached to the Army Air Corps / Army Air Forces. The Army wears the Insignia of branch on the left collar and would also serve to trigger a discussion of our heritage.

Good try on that comment.  By the way, the Army does not wear the branch insignia on the left collar any more.  In fact, since the ACUs were created, the Army does not wear branch insignia.

HGjunkie

Quote from: ralovick on February 03, 2014, 11:22:59 AM

If that were to happen, then the positioning of the insignia would have to change to the slanted style instead of straight and parallel.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

NIN

Quote from: LSThiker on February 03, 2014, 02:17:34 PM
Good try on that comment.  By the way, the Army does not wear the branch insignia on the left collar any more.  In fact, since the ACUs were created, the Army does not wear branch insignia.

The wing patch speaks back to that Army Air Corps heritage, anyway.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

LSThiker

Quote from: NIN on February 03, 2014, 02:37:32 PM

True.  And our US Flag  ;D

Storm Chaser

Quote from: LSThiker on February 03, 2014, 02:43:21 PM
Quote from: NIN on February 03, 2014, 02:37:32 PM

True.  And our US Flag  ;D

The wing patch has several decades of history within CAP; the reversed U.S. flag patch doesn't.

NIN

Quote from: Storm Chaser on February 03, 2014, 03:38:29 PM
The wing patch has several decades of history within CAP; the reversed U.S. flag patch doesn't.

Yep.  The reverse flag is 7 years young, and not in keeping with the CONUS USAF uniform wear of the last 7-10 years.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

LSThiker

Quote from: Storm Chaser on February 03, 2014, 03:38:29 PM

Yes I know.  The  ;D was supposed to represent a snarky comment about the US flag patch.  I was fully around when the US flag came into existence for our uniforms and have hated it since.

Eclipse

Wait...we're supposed to have a US Flag on our uniforms?

"That Others May Zoom"

UH60guy

Quote from: Eclipse on February 03, 2014, 05:36:08 PM
Wait...we're supposed to have a US Flag on our uniforms?

It's the only way to tell this CAP apart from the Canadian Air Pirates.
Maj Ken Ward
VAWG Internal AEO

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: Storm Chaser on December 31, 2013, 07:55:26 PM
I'm surprised that the Incident Commander badge still ranks lower than the Observer badge. Even the Air Force have given equal standing to some non-aeronautical badges, such as the Space and Cyberspace badges.
Easy. The aviation badges come first. Think of it in terms of altitude. God's at a much higher altitude than we are, so the chaplain's cross has precedence over aviation ratings. An IC doesn't fly. The Air Force's space badge replaces the astronaut wings, if I remember right, and is spread to several other spaceflight-related specialties. Cyberspace, I'm not familiar with.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

SarDragon

Quote from: Panache on February 03, 2014, 10:32:47 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on February 03, 2014, 04:03:27 AM

QuoteCAPM 39-1, Uniforms, Draft for Comment
QuoteThe draft CAPM 39-1 is available for comment as promised.

NHQ disagrees with your assessment.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, since two of of the quotes aren't tagged, but I'll give it a shot.

The first "draft" hit the streets a while back, in what was a limited release. Comments were accepted. On 31 December 2013, the "official" draft was posted for comment in eServices, as noted in the screen grab above. That's also when this thread started.

What's your point and what end is served by arguing this any further? The comment period was one month. When those comments get reviewed and incorporated, and the graphics are done, it will be released.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret