Main Menu

It's finally here!

Started by Storm Chaser, December 31, 2013, 06:25:47 PM

NIN

Quote from: Panache on January 15, 2014, 04:54:53 PM
It should be reinforced that the draft is still exactly that, a draft, so don't go swapping out your ultramarine tapes and grade on your BBDUs with navy until it gets approved.

I wore a rigger belt this weekend. Don't tell anybody!
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

a2capt

Slippery slope!!! ZOMG!!!!

lordmonar

Quote from: NIN on January 15, 2014, 10:53:28 PM
It should be reinforced that the draft is still exactly that, a draft, so don't go swapping out your ultramarine tapes and grade on your BBDUs with navy until it gets approved.

I've worn a rigger's belt for the last 10 years......no one really cares.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Panache

Quote from: NIN on January 15, 2014, 10:53:28 PM

BURN THE WITCH!

NIN

Oh, totally. My shirt never came off, therefore I didn't have the opportunity to flex my pecs and show off my stylish rigger belt
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

KarlIceman

What about the FLEECE that is mentioned in the 39-1 Draft.    Only a BLACK one will be authorized and ONLY FOR USE WITH THE BBDU's.
The military changed from black to green and up until the issuance of their new cold weather coat wear fleece as both an outer garment and a liner for the field jacket.  If CAP is going to a BLACK fleece whats wrong with allowing those of us in regular BDUs wear it as well? :-\ 

arajca

Quote from: KarlIceman on January 17, 2014, 08:05:11 PM
    What about the FLEECE that is mentioned in the 39-1 Draft.    Only a BLACK one will be authorized and ONLY FOR USE WITH THE BBDU's.
The military changed from black to green and up until the issuance of their new cold weather coat wear fleece as both an outer garment and a liner for the field jacket.  If CAP is going to a BLACK fleece whats wrong with allowing those of us in regular BDUs wear it as well? :-\
IMHO, the black fleece is a civilian item, not military. Authorizing it for the bdu would involve mixing civilian and military clothing and is not permitted. Additional, I think (bad habit), you'll see a fleece authorized with the abu when/if it gets approved.

HGjunkie

Why not something like this for the BDU? It's the same style ECWCS fleece:

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

arajca

Because it is a CIVILIAN fleece, not a military fleece. That is the one that will be authorized for wear the the field uniform.

PHall

Quote from: arajca on January 18, 2014, 02:16:32 AM
Because it is a CIVILIAN fleece, not a military fleece. That is the one that will be authorized for wear the the field uniform.

Didn't know that CIVILIAN fleece had the velcro for the name tape, branch tape and your grade insignia...

Paul Creed III

I contacted MilitaryUniformSupply.com about the Tru-Spec version of the black fleece and it comes with the Velcro for the branch tape, name tape, and insignia tab not actually attached to the fleece - the customer attaches the Velcro themselves.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

sarmed1

Quote from: KarlIceman on January 17, 2014, 08:05:11 PM

I mentioned this one a few pages ago.  IMHO its becuase of the impending change to ABU's.  Black is no longer authorized with ABU's in the USAF. So, not that everyone runs out gets a black fleece, then BAM, a year later, the switch to ABU's and everyone now needs to go out and by a green one. 

Just a guess, but we'll see

until then, where on under your goretex as a liner, and be warm and dry.

mk
mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

Eclipse

You can wear that same civilian fleece today, sans insignia, without any needed changes to the regs.

In fact, nothing says you can't put your name on it, too.

Any civilian outerwear is a pretty big lane.

I wear a TAC-BU shirt as a light jacket with my last name on a black nametape all the time with the
golf shirt, Blue Field, even the whites once in a while.  Looks sharp and perfectly within the lane.

"That Others May Zoom"

LSThiker

Quote from: Paul Creed III on January 18, 2014, 03:03:57 AM
I contacted MilitaryUniformSupply.com about the Tru-Spec version of the black fleece and it comes with the Velcro for the branch tape, name tape, and insignia tab not actually attached to the fleece - the customer attaches the Velcro themselves.

Check the reviews online about that.  The ones I read regarding the black fleece were less than marginal.  It feel apart easily and was a cheap knockoff according to most.

AngelWings

Quote from: LSThiker on January 18, 2014, 05:36:13 AM
Quote from: Paul Creed III on January 18, 2014, 03:03:57 AM

Check the reviews online about that.  The ones I read regarding the black fleece were less than marginal.  It feel apart easily and was a cheap knockoff according to most.
It is very cheap. In my first year of owning the sage green Tru-Spec one, I managed to rip apart the sewing on the cuff, the waist band, and the zipper wore out within 6 months. It's poorly designed.

Shuman 14

I'd like to point out the USCG has a blue Gortex coat and a blue fleece liner that would look fine with the BBDU uniform and wouldn't look completely out of place with either BDUs or ABUs either.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

68w20

Quote from: shuman14 on January 19, 2014, 02:45:42 AM
I'd like to point out the USCG has a blue Gortex coat

http://tinyurl.com/ldfuaro

$329.99 from bdu.com

Quote from: shuman14 on January 19, 2014, 02:45:42 AM
and a blue fleece liner that would look fine with the BBDU uniform and wouldn't look completely out of place with either BDUs or ABUs either.

http://tinyurl.com/lzqsptp

$86.99 on eBay

http://tinyurl.com/mpecx8r

Or $36.49 on Amazon.  Thanks for the helpful heads up.

Panache

Well, it's now been two months since the draft 39-1 has been released....

SarDragon

Quote from: Panache on February 02, 2014, 08:39:23 AM

Thirty two days does not two months make. The release date was 12/31/13.

Patience, grasshopper.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Panache

Quote from: SarDragon on February 02, 2014, 08:46:14 AM
Quote from: Panache on February 02, 2014, 08:39:23 AM

Thirty two days does not two months make. The release date was 12/31/13.

My dog says it's been seven and a half months...