FRO Changes

Started by ande.boyer, August 06, 2009, 06:22:51 PM

ande.boyer

On the ICL about changes to FRO's posted here http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/2009_07_23_FROs_27815180D4D04.pdf it states
Quote2. FROs will no longer be considered a duty position; they will be tracked as an achievement in Ops Quals. On 3 August a new tab for FROs will be added to Ops Quals and they will be tracked as an achievement with one task, completion of the online FRO training.

Does this mean that FRO will now be an ES specialty that's listed on the 101 card? ..and will have it's own SQTR? Or am I inferring too much? I've found the FRO tab in My Favorites | Ops Quals but haven't seen FRO pop up on my 101 card even though I'm showing up in the FRO report.

SJFedor

Quote from: ande.boyer on August 06, 2009, 06:22:51 PM
On the ICL about changes to FRO's posted here http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/2009_07_23_FROs_27815180D4D04.pdf it states
Quote2. FROs will no longer be considered a duty position; they will be tracked as an achievement in Ops Quals. On 3 August a new tab for FROs will be added to Ops Quals and they will be tracked as an achievement with one task, completion of the online FRO training.

Does this mean that FRO will now be an ES specialty that's listed on the 101 card? ..and will have it's own SQTR? Or am I inferring too much? I've found the FRO tab in My Favorites | Ops Quals but haven't seen FRO pop up on my 101 card even though I'm showing up in the FRO report.

No, it will show up in Ops Quals, similar to CAP VFR Pilot, CAP Orientation Pilot, etc. It will only show up when your Wing/CC or designee approves you as one, which means that essentially all FROs will be Wing appointed now.

Under that FRO tab, it should show the status of approval for the FRO qualification.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Al Sayre

There is also a new report "FRO List" in the Ops Quals section.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Short Field

^^^ That report only shows your assigned squadron's FROs.  If you are assigned to Wing HQ, then you willl see all the FROs in the Wing.

If you click on "My Operations Qualifications/National Reports" on the left side of the screen in eServices, and then click on "National Reports", you can select  "FRO Listing".  That report gives you the option to see FROs from all the wings.  If you select your Wing Hqs (the 001 unit), you can see all the FROs in your wing by unit.  That is handy when multiple squadrons share the same airplanes and use the same FROs.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640