electronic oakley ski googles, think about the possiblities

Started by brent.teal, January 22, 2014, 03:45:33 PM

brent.teal

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/01/21/oakley-high-tech-snow-goggles-glide-into-sundance-film-festival/

think about what this type of technology could mean for GTM's.  There is a buddy function and you could always know where your team members are.  It's a bit pricey i'm sure but give it a few years.  build a DF triangulation function into it. 
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP
NER-PA-102 Deputy Commander, Communications officer, or whatever else needs doing.

Eclipse

The HUDs they are building into motorcycle helmets are pretty amazing as well.

Alas, by the time this stuff shows up in Walmart, we'll all be sporting tracker chips and
being a missing person will be a thing of the past.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

...and if it's like the knee-jerk reaction that Glass is spurring, you won't even get to use the device because someone at Wing Legal has a lack of understanding of what it's capabilities are, therefor just Ban It.

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on January 22, 2014, 04:58:43 PM
...and if it's like the knee-jerk reaction that Glass is spurring, you won't even get to use the device because someone at Wing Legal has a lack of understanding of what it's capabilities are, therefor just Ban It.

Seriously - I don't know where / how that is going to playout.  There's all kinds of issues with the tech, but
none of them are the obvious ones.   I can record you just as easily with a cell phone in my pocket as with
Glass, and what's more surreptitious?  That or a camera in full view of everyone?

Having info heads-up is probably safer then looking down for it, though there are a number of manufacturers working
on HUD devices without the Glass restrictions, so watching a movie in the hud is in the future.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Recon Instruments has had this tech for a number of years for skiers/snowboarders, and they've licensed it to Oakley:

http://www.reconinstruments.com/

I know a few wingsuiters who are using it for realtime flight path feedback info.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

HGjunkie

Quote from: NIN on January 22, 2014, 05:42:20 PM
Recon Instruments has had this tech for a number of years for skiers/snowboarders, and they've licensed it to Oakley:

http://www.reconinstruments.com/

I know a few wingsuiters who are using it for realtime flight path feedback info.

Wow, that reconjet is a lot cheaper than Google glass. Now I really really want a personal HUD even more.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP